Designs, plans, develops and manages a product or portfolio of products throughout the solution portfolio lifecycle: from new product definition or enhancements to existing products; planning, design, forecasting, and production; to end of life.
- Suggest strategy changes internally and with external partners
- Manage all Marketing aspects of New Product Introduction launches and own assigned products/solutions throughout the product lifecycle.
- Lead projects that involve cross-functional coordination to provide integrated products/services/ solutions
- Be seen by sales team as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners
- Collaborate with cross-functional product development teams to ensure that the products and solutions are delivered per marketing objectives
- Understand and track competitive product offerings and key technology trends in the area of software-defined data centers
- Regularly recommend product/service/solution roadmap strategic direction to senior management
- Often create innovative solutions to enhance sales of the product lines or line of services/solutions
- Influences at the vice president and above level
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise networking and storage in R&D, presales, or services technical roles.
- 3+ years of experience in hardware or software product management
- Experience with Agile SAFe continuous software development methods and processes a plus.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Data Center management experience including Network and Server provisioning, ideally in a Cloud based environment
- Expert knowledge in Ethernet features/functionality, Data Center network topologies (including Leaf/Spine, L2/L3)
- Expert knowledge in storage fabric topologies (SAS, FC), data protection topologies (DR sites, resiliency, replicated storage systems & configuration), data services (dedup, compression, persistence), backup/archive, Flash and Software-Defined storage
- Knowledge on supporting the autonomous datacenter as it relates to storage (infrastructure as code or self-managing capabilities)
- Expert knowledge of marketing principles, practices, tactics and tools
- Expert knowledge of offering, segment, partner and account-based marketing
- Expert knowledge of research vendor practices and procedures
- Well-developed understanding of the industry, offering categories and HPE offerings/strategy
- Strong project and budget management skills
- Excellent written/oral communications
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills
- Conflict resolution skills
Job ID 1029241