Product Manager, Communications
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
Do you want to work on products that are customer-facing, bring high business value and use the latest technology? If so, come join the Communications team in HomeAway and be part of an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace.
Vacation rentals are diverse in their offerings and therefore, Travelers and Homeowners need to communicate with each otherbefore a booking. We are looking for a Product Manager to join HomeAway's Communications team to define and build products that streamline such conversations. Additionally, this position offers the exciting chance to create new communication channels for HomeAway’s platform while working with an experienced engineering team. As part of this role, you will provide detailed requirements for global communication systems based on competitive analysis and industry practices.
- Develop roadmaps and prioritize features for your product’s lifecycle from planning to end-user adoption
- Relate policies and complex process into product capability to support the portfolio vision and strategy
- Conduct market research, identify potential commercially available solutions, and handle vendor relationships
- Design, implement and analyze A/B tests to optimize the user experience and drive key performance metrics
- Work with the executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in strategic and tactical planning decisions
- Launch new products by collaborating withotherProduct Managers, Customer Service and Product Marketing to collect user feedback and make go-to-market plans.
- Define data and reporting requirements and drive implementation with the Data Engineering and Business Intelligence teams
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business partners
- Actively participate in Agileproduct development process for roadmap implementation, writing product requirements, user stories, and maintaining the product backlog
Product Managers should possess strong business insights and be passionate about the user, well-designed online and mobileproducts, and software development standard methodologies.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a high-tech software company, preferably a B2C e-commerce environment
- Proven track record leading multiple ongoing complex projects and implementation of web applications, while delivering on schedule
- Experience utilizing web analytics and testing tools to aid business decisions
- Ability to lead large, complex projects in a dynamic environment
- Proven experience in adopting product management practices, standards and policies
- Ability to collaborate closely with Design and Usability teams to drive product enhancements
- Strong communication and presentation abilities
- High level of initiative and desire to craft the best user experience for our customers
- Experiencewith complex information architecture and content management
- Experiencewith online travel and/or consumer marketplaces preferred
- BS or BA in equivalent field, MBA preferred