Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
The wide range of services provided by Global Media Operations (GMO) team includes centralized conditioning and delivery of critical Client film and television assets and distribution of on-demand content and live streaming events to the web, mobile, and OTT devices.
The GMO team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the tools for digital media playback, delivery, syndication, and processing; assisting with support of existing proprietary products, third-party applications, media server infrastructure; and researching new tools and standards for our business.
As a part of the GMO team, you will drive TV Everywhere product roadmaps, enhance existing workflows, identify process improvements, provide strategic recommendations, and lead cross functional technical and operations teams to design, build, and launch new products and execute on new initiatives to deliver content across multiple consumer experiences and devices.
- Own the Video Player/SDK product for GMO used across consumer-facing mobile sites/apps, desktop experiences, and OTT devices.
- Engage with multiple clients/business units/internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and translate them into product features and capabilities for internal development teams and 3rd party developers.
- Fully document product features as user stories in Jira with detailed acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with player architects to identify best technical solution to meet client needs.
- Define and maintain product roadmaps and product integration strategy balancing internal requirements with client requests/priorities.
- Lead grooming sessions to maintain a consistently up-to-date backlog of clearly defined features/stories.
- Collaborate with system architect and scrummaster to scope each development sprint track progress, and work through development hurdles to deliver a great product on time and within scope.
- Provide consistent communication back to clients and stakeholders on development progress and product delivery timelines as well as conduct feature roadmap overviews periodically.
- Create and present documentation to external and internal business partners for integration of player SDK into unique and wide-ranging consumer content consumption experiences including Client’s brand and MVPD partners for TVE content distribution..
- Execute periodic product demos and walk-throughs for client product teams and internal leadership.
- Take a leadership role in a growing team of Product Managers in support of Client’s digital video experiences.
- Be an industry expert with respect to trends in mobile application development, operating system upgrades, and the competition
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Product Management, Broadcast Technologies, Engineering, or equivalent experiencerequired.
- Minimum 3years’ experience in a role demonstrating strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Minimum 3years’ experience in a role exhibiting excellent written and oral communications, effective interpersonal skills, project management, and strong formal presentation abilities.
- Expertise in the SDLC process, with a focus on scoping, iteration planning, user story and acceptance criteria writing, roll-out management
- 3-5years product management experience in digital media, gathering client requirements, writing product and/or technical specifications, working with development teams, and managing product roadmaps as well as launches.
- At least 3years of direct client engagement experience.
- Experience in Television/Broadcast, Media, Technology, or related field.
- Experience with interactive media, mobile design and application development.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with using Jira or a similar system to track and maintain feature requirements and development progress.
- Experience managing a team preferred.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.