We’re looking for a product manager to work closely with the teams revolutionizing and modernizing our continuous integration and delivery pipeline within our Site Engineering organization. You’ll partner with our internal customers to decide what’s needed and how to prioritize those needs. You’ll need to understand the technical realities and be ready to prioritize architectural roadmap alongside high-demand capabilities.
You know how to work with engineers and executives, and have a good sense of when to gather more data and when to make a decision and move forward. If you haven’t been a product manager, maybe you’ve done similar work as an architect, engineering leader, or in another leadership role.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the product strategy for New Relic’s internal continuous integration and delivery pipeline, advised by internal customers, industry standards, technical capability, and internal initiatives
- Connect with our customers (other product development teams at New Relic) about their software build and deployment needs and how Site Engineering can provide a friction-less experience
- Work with teams to provide business context, clear guidance, and success criteria that will delight our customers.
- In collaboration with Engineering, develop a rolling 4-quarter roadmap, drive the alignment of key releases to deliver on the roadmap; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key results, customer demand, and changes in execution resources.
- 2+ years as a product manager and 4+ years as an engineer, technical project manager, or other role involving technology
- Experience working with customers to set the roadmap and strategic direction of “internal” products like containerization, load balancing, networking, build and deploy tools, etc.
- Experience in large-scale environments, preferably as part of a SaaS platform
- Ability to communicate to different audiences effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and track record of using data to drive decisions
- Experience as a software developer or in technical operations
- Product management training and certification