Are you looking for an opportunity to build a highly anticipated, best-in-class product from the ground up? Do you want the challenge of taking a product vision to life from conception through launch and on to maturity? If creative problem solving in a team atmosphere is your thing and you'd like to accelerate your career by bringing a completely new product to market, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 8,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
ChowNow’s technology organization has built a solid platform that lets diners easily transact with restaurants. It’s time for us to build on that platform, strengthening the relationship between diners and the restaurants they love and helping our clients grow their business even further. Our newest Product Manager will be a key part of this initiative, helping us identify, design, and launch completely new products for ChowNow's clients.
The role has broad reach and impact. Product Managers touch and communicate with every part of the organization. You will be responsible for defining major new product initiatives and representing the Technology organization across the company. You’ll lead our teams in celebrating successes and acknowledging failures.
As a Product Manager, you'll work from our Los Angeles Headquarters. This position reports directlyto the Chief Product Officer.
Specifically, you will:
- Get to know our restaurant clients and their needs.
- Learn how our business modelsupports that of our customers.
- Work with our engineers to understand capabilities of our technology platform.
- Build a compelling, long-term product vision and roadmap that supports ChowNow’s business strategy.
- Collaborate with Design and Engineering to identify elegant product solutions.
- Define requirements to communicate product features to engineering and design.
- Gather input from Marketing, Support, Finance, Sales, and other teams when appropriate, and make sure these teams are well prepared for product launches.
- Lead iterative, agile development of new products and features.
- Set clear objectives and key results for product features and enhancements.
- Measure, report on, and respond to results using data and testing to make informed decisions.
Within 30 days, you'll..
- Complete the ChowNow New Hire Ramp Camp
- Complete 2 product demos with Outside Sales Team.
- Complete 4 product demos with Inside Sales Team.
- Interview 5 customers on their product needs.
- Identify primary product use cases for a new product and the business value of each.
Within 60 days, you'll..
- Identify objective and key results of product releases.
- Test initial product prototypes and mockups with at least 5 customers.
- Work with Design and Engineering to define initial product launch.
- Begin documentation for initial product specs.
- Review a draft product roadmap with technology and leadership teams, noting opportunities and gaps.
Within 90 days, you'll..
- Have product specs complete for initial product launch.
- Shareproduct roadmap and objectives with entire company at Town Hall meeting.
- Ensure all teams, including Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Support are well prepared for initial product launch.
You Should Apply If:
- You thrive when working with people with differing backgrounds and viewpoints.
- You love digging into customer requests and stakeholder requirements.
- You take great pleasure in guiding a product from conception to launch, and optimizing its performance after that.
- You’re constantly working to get better at your craft.
- You’ve built new consumer-facing web products, and have learned a lot along the way.
- You enjoy the discipline and rigor of product management and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and do whatever work's needed to make our products as useful for our customers as possible.