Auto req ID: 4991BR
Category: Sales & Business Development
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport provides distribution, technology, payment and other solutions to the global travel and tourism industry. In short, we enable the world to search, share, buy and sell travel. The product team has a crucial role to play in this. We engage with our customers to find our exactly what they need and how we can provide it. You’ll find yourself in a culture of collaboration with a laser focus on our customers where you’ll enjoy a real sense of accomplishment.
This is a genuine chance to develop your career and your skills with a business that cares about its people and a culture where your voice will be heard.
When you work at Travelport you can make a difference on a global scale. As a Product Manager one of our Business Intelligence teams; you’ll be joining a team that’s responsible for products that lead the way in our industry in a constantly changing environment.
The BI Product manager is responsible for conceiving, developing and maintaining through their life-cycle airline BI-oriented products that are innovative, drive significant business value for our clients and deliver solid financial results for Travelport. The right individual will have a solid understanding of the passenger airline business, and particularly its revenue-driving processes. He or she will keep themselves up-to-date with existing BI product offerings that seek to assist the airlines’ commercial teams, and will have the imagination and drive to conceive of new products and enhanced features in this space, and then bring them to market.
The varied and challenging role will involve:
- Bringing the product into existence, from concept to delivered product, including the preparation and defense of related business plans, preparation of specification documents, guiding the development and certification processes.
- Developing the sales approach and client/market messaging to assist the sales force in selling.
- Developing the post sales client implementation and support protocols to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Managing the further maintenance and update of the product through its life-cycle.
- Maintaining an up-to-datefinancial profile of the product
So what kind of person are we looking for?
- Minimum of an undergraduatedegree, preferably in a marketing-oriented discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Product Management.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in relative industry segment; Travel Agency, Airline, GDS, etc.
- Experience with airline Sales, Merchandising, Revenue Management, Pricing and Network Planning is a plus.
- Experienced user of analytical systems. (SQL is a nice to have.)
Soft Skills Preferred:
- Clear and structured thinker.
- Excellent writing skills, particularly in a technical arena.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- At ease with presenting to and interacting with senior management.
- Ability to develop business cases with related financial models.
- Experience in e-commerce and social-media marketing.
- Experience in the LCC airline segment.
- International work experience.
- Must be available for travel globally.
- Although listed as US Remote Worker - we do require that the remote location be near the Bradenton, FL location for some onsite visibility and collaboration with the team.