The Brand Safety Product Manager will lead the definition and development of DoubleVerify's Brand Safety to increase brand protection across all environments. The PM will be in-charge of efforts to develop new functionality and services, expand the capabilities and coverage of DoubleVerify's brand safety solutions and internationalizing DoubleVerify's products.
This role is part of a cross functional team that creates products to serve advertisers and partners across the digital landscape. The role requires big data analyses, collection of requirements and developing partner and vendor relationships, while working closely with engineers. Communication skills are incredibly important as the position interfaces heavily at all levels and across functions both inside DoubleVerify and with our external partners.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, able to drive decisions from large amounts of data and has product management or engineering experience in ad tech and/or brand safety. Organizational skills and great analytical skills are also crucial for this role. Familiarity with, or ability to quickly learn about web classification and brand safety targeting is key for success in this role.
What you'll do
- Become a top industry expert for brand safety.
- Lead the definition and development of DV's Brand Safety and International services to optimize protection for the largest brands in the industry,
- Communicate the product vision and roadmap to key stakeholders, and foster collaboration through knowledge sharing. Manage development from concept ideation to product release, including requirement gathering and breaking down the vision to epics and stories.
- Articulate products to Sales, Marketing, Sales Operations, and R&D.
- Collect customer feedback and functional needs and develop product requirements.
- Build relationships with customers, partners and prospects.
- Manage data quality efforts to ensure measurements and reporting are accurate and reported effectively.
- Create product documentation for internal and external customers.
- Participate in industry work groups and maintain product marketing materials up to date.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the DoubleVerify Client Services and sales teams in terms of best practices, product capabilities and ongoing support.
Who you are
- 4+ years of combined full time working experience with 1-3 years in Product Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Quantitative/Technical field.
- Understanding of ad serving mechanics and dynamics.
- Familiarity with SQL and data analysis tools.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and great presentation skills.
- Autodidact - can dive into new subjects, identify knowledge sources and ask the right questions to learn new technologies, markets, and concepts - independently and quickly.
- Organized with a rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence.
- Experience in Ad Tech, Digital Media or similar industry.
- SQL and data analysis skills, including substantial hands-on experience.
- Experience with web based data collection, tagging and analytics.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, continuous integration, GitHub.
- Strong process management skills.
- Experience with ad verification and targeting tools.
- Passion and desire to play a key role in driving a new business to success in the advertising technology space.