OpenTable is looking for an entrepreneurial, highly analytical, user-focused Product Manager to join our team in San Francisco. This role will share responsibility for the consumer web experiences that millions of diners depend on to find, choose and enjoy great restaurants.
As a Product Manager dedicated to managing our transaction and post-transaction flows, you will help define the strategy for and lead the development of best in market user experiences. You will work directly with a strong development team to ship world class features and collaborate with teams from all over the company to support key initiatives The right candidate will combine an AB-test-driven approach with a strong design sense and product vision.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand OpenTable’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Coordinate with teams around the world from a variety of disciplines. May include some travel.
- 2+ years experience as a consumer product manager
- A record of success in bringing new products to market of a similar scale and complexity
- Experience with defining and running AB-tests in a consumer product
- Data-centricity – a deep curiosity of metrics, the ability to identify the right metrics and track and report back on impact
- Creativity – you will have lots of fresh ideas and be hungry to test them and see the results
- A strong communicator and good listener – able to present ideas coherently and exceptional at building consensus among a diverse group (sometimes remotely)
- User empathy and experience with running in-person user tests
- A global mindset and some expert knowledge on how digital products need to vary across markets while understanding the need for us to remain a scalable business
- A strong vision of the way the world should be, and the ability to apply the scientific method to see if you’re right
- Passion for producing digital experiences people love, food and dining out and deep knowledge of OpenTable’s business and products. Any restaurant or hospitality experience is a plus, whether it was managing a fine dining restaurant or working as a hostess in college.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 25 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 45,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1.5 billion diners in over 20 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.