We believe car buying should be fun, fair, and accessible to everyone. We've set out to transform an industry, using technology to bring transparency and convenience to the car buying process.
And we aren't stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we're building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
We are looking for an experienced product manager with demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products. This role involves managing the movement of the product from conception to launch. As a PM at Shift, you will be responsible for documenting product requirements, supporting the engineering and design teams by understanding engineering feasibility and constraints on a broad level, and serving as the connection between the business and engineering /design teams.
What you'll do:
- Understand consumer needs as well as internal processes to make sure that technology innovation scales our processes and creates an awesome user experience
- Become a customer advocate and domain expert via user interviews, feedback sessions, surveys, experimentation, and other techniques to rapidly gain insight
- Get projects ready for engineering to work on; developing hypotheses, success criteria, detailed requirements, UX flows, and driving alignment across the organization on what the project is
- Measure and report on the impacts of our work
- Drive high quality production releases via release planning, testing, and communication
- Help Shift become great at Product through continuous efforts such as writing about our experiences, recruiting, attending conferences, and sharing best practices with your fellow PMs
- Shape new and existing products' roadmaps by understanding where the business wants to be in the short and long term and building a plan through collaboration with stakeholders that gets us there
What we ask for:
- 3-5 years of experience in a product management or related role
- Experience working closely with technical and non-technical team members
- Great project management skills, including strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively across multiple teams
- A strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
Nice-to-haves (but not required):
- BS in computer science or electrical engineering
- 1-2 years experience in software engineering
- Experience working at a startup