By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The Product Manager is responsible for building and maintaining mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with Bio-Techne customers. This includes accountability for meeting revenue and profitability goals established for those customers, as well as growing the business through implementation of new products, services and annual price increases.
The Product Manager works collaboratively with internal teams on new product introductions, ensures product manufacturability, and delivers a consistently high level of customer satisfaction
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue, profitability and margin goals.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers, serving as primary contact for assigned accounts.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities with customers.
- Collaborate with internal teams for costing and preparation of proposals along with strategies to close new business opportunities. Seek and maintain active contact with key customers regarding current and future product requirements.
- Monitor and recommend new pricing strategies, based on competitive landscapes and market trends to ensure profitability and growth of core business
- Communicate new or revised customer requirements and any other important account updates to appropriate levels within the organization.
- Coordinate and attend trade shows as needed to ensure adequate coverage.
- Work collaboratively with transfer and commercialization resources to manage New Product launches and Project Specification builds.
- Pursue customer activities consistent with contractual obligations and requirements. Manage contract sign off and renewal process to ensure annual price increases are secured.
- Ensure internal documents are released and up to date to support customer requirements.
- Responsible for unit sales, customer forecasts to provide guidelines for manufacturing, and production planning.
- Develop strategic market plans for specific customers, including competitive analysis, sales forecasts, budgets, objectives and recommended tactics for long range decision making
- Manage to budgeted expenses, revenues and profitability. Focus on process improvements and chargeable service revenues that work to reduce overall supply chain cost.
- Prepare and present customer Business Reviews to customers and account reviews internally.
- Conduct Business analysis and improvement activities consistent with business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years relevant work experience is required
- Excellent selling, negotiation, communication, and problem solving skills are essential
- Results oriented, assertive, self-motivated, and possess strong organizational skills to be able to consistently achieve goals
- The ability to multi-task while maintaining quality is required
- Resourceful and flexible; manage multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate with teams to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time both domestic and international as needed