It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Product Manager isresponsible for day to day management of the commercial beef genomic services business segment. The position requires management of the entire process from interface with R&D for product development, to operations for coordination of the order to cash cycle, to implementation of sales and marketing plans. This position will coordinate and oversee the process for sample submission, results preparation and customerreporting. The Product Manager is the principle personresponsible for helping to create innovative products and programs on a global basis to drive demand, ensure and coordinate timely and accurate sample processing, andreporting of results to customers. Extensive involvement with the beef industry (artificial insemination companies, animal health and feed companies, breed associations, USDA and state beef extension and beef economists) assisting in determining market needs in order to grow marketshare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for product and program development, working within assigned budget for associated segment, maintaining a constant focus on cost, revenue growth and profitability. Works closely with marketing and sales, sample reception, laboratory operations, Customer Service and IT, to ensure a robust process for rapid turnaround and comprehensive data and results reporting.
- Communicates with customers to ensure proper product profile, positioning, pricing and promotion to meet customer needs
- Together with IT and external contractors, maintains a database of genomic results and use for interactive customer reporting including benchmark results and mobile applications adding value to genomic profiles.
- Together with the Research and Development Director, evaluates new technologies/platforms, validates new offerings and alternative vendors for technology platforms.
- Responsible for generating proper costs for all services provided within the business segment and works with Director of Sales and Marketing to update costs on a quarterly basis.
- Manages both customer sample storage and supplies/inventory storage space, works with Operations Manager on bi-yearly storage review and disposal.
- Occasional domestic or international travel to tradeshows or stakeholder meetings as required (up to 30%).
- Performs other duties as agreed upon with supervisor.