About the team
Our product is the soul and center of everything we do and our product team is entrusted with making the critical decisions that shape the future of both our company and our product. We define the strategy of where our product goes and partner with engineering, design, and data to execute and create world class products that our users love.
Search and Recommendations is the lifeblood of our product -- and you'll be the point person responsible for ensuring that Scribd connects users with the content they love. Payments is constantly building new ways to support our majority international audience, connecting them with a global product.
This is a mission critical role requiring deep user empathy, ability to ship complex features fast, and a level of comfort wading between technical and non-technical teams.
You're not afraid to fail and love thinking of big ideas to shake things up and then get down in the weeds to see if anything sticks. Nothing gets you more excited than using technology to create thoughtful, innovative, consumer-focused products that delight your customers. You have a strong, proven record of solving problems efficiently and effectively. You see the bigger picture which empowers you to plot the shortest route or most effective path and the leadership to get buy in from multiple teams. You have the entrepreneurial and self starter attitude to build, iterate and get your hands dirty, doing what it takes to get the job done and get it done well.
• Apply both your technical understanding of back end systems and your deep user understanding to make readers fall in love with Scribd by helping them find fresh, compelling content to read on a daily basis
• Create strategic plans, goals, and prioritized roadmaps to make Scribd a ubiquitous part of our users' lives, driving key business results while continually improving backend infrastructure
• Dive deep into our data to uncover new segments of underserved users and gaps in our readers' journey, while driving key results from your findings
• Improve Scribd's understanding and classification of its ever expanding corpus, delivering tailored and hyper-personalized content recommendations, improved Search results, and convenient ways to pay
• Work directly with engineering, data, and design partners to provide relevant and timely, personalized recommendations and curated Search results to our 100M+ visitors across the globe
• 3-5+ years product management experience defining product strategy, prioritizing roadmaps and executing projects, ideally for large scale consumer products
• Past experience working with back-end facing teams (search, recs, payments, or otherwise) for consumer-facing products is preferred
• Collaboration/Execution: You have a proven track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams, and an ability to push and deliver features quickly
• Strategic Thinking: proven track record of planning and executing projects that solve not only technical problems, but also specific business needs
• User empathy: You can easily point to the customer pain point(s) that your product solved, and how it solved that pain better than others
• Analytical ability: You use your data-driven mindset to inform and better decision-making
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)