At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ride sharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app.
The Open Platform team is expanding Lyft's transportation platform to include self-driving vehicles. Our goal is to provide a seamless experience by bridging the gap between our rideshare experience today and Lyft’s autonomous future. To date, we have given over 100,000 self-driving rides on the Lyft platform, and this number continues to grow each day.
As a Product Manager on the Open Platform team, you will be responsible for developing the overall product strategy and roadmap for products on Lyft’s Open Platform.
- Lead Product Management for one of Lyft’s Open Platform product and engineering teams
- Understand Lyft's strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Lyft's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies.
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance.
- Lead and align cross functional partners and teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners and operations to drive a shared vision.
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Partnering with the Autonomous Business team to build Lyft’s Autonomous business
- 4+ years of experience in product management, product development or equivalent consultant experience
- Passion for Lyft and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. You are able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, and other audiences
- Experience in the customer discovery and product requirement development process
- Ability to conceptualize, manage and prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail orientated with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.