World leading lubricant company is adding a Product Manager to their dynamic team in Michigan.
The company offers a competitive pay plus bonus, excellent benefits, room for advancement and more.
The ideal candidate would have at least 3years experience in a technical background (I.E. research, development, laboratory, etc.) in automotive fluids along with a strong product. Project and or sales background.
- Chargedwith a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
- Markets and develops products based on industry experience and contact with customers and prospects.
- Spends time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, productcontract, and positioning.
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities and/or products based on market needs.
- Communicate customer information to appropriate coworkers within the client company and its global affiliates following company policies and procedures.
- Develop product spec sheets and marketing literature using graphic packages such as InDesign or Adobe Photoshop Suite.
- Manage the product line from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Working closelywith all divisions, supports the development of marketing strategy including; finding new markets for current products, developing new products to meet market needs and setting strategies to improve profit margins.
- Gain OEM written approvals for client products
- Conduct product training for Customers and client associates
- Networkwith and grow industry contacts by consistently attending association meetings, joining technical committees, presenting papers to symposiums, industry meetings etc..
- Communicate information about new technologies, product developments and industry requirements to customers and appropriate associates within client and Affiliates
- Maintains subordinates job results by leading, coaching and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- BS/BA. Technical Bachelors degreepreferred (Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Marketing).
- Must be able to research new markets and help develop new business strategies; work in both a team and independent environment.
- 5-8years appropriate automotive lubricants and/or related industry experience
- 3-5years proven product management, project management or salesexperience