Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
Mitchell’s worker’s compensation national managed care program offers solutions for insurance carriers, third-party administrators and employers. We recommend an integrated suite of solutions that include utilization review and case management with a focus on managing total claims costs while expediting safe return to work.
As a Product Manager at Mitchell you will own a product line. You will lead all aspects of the software’s life cycle from development of new features and enhancements to go-to market and launch plans. In the product owner role, interfacing directly with one or more AgileScrum teams, you will provide overall program management, define requirements, author user stories and acceptance criteria, convey release timelines, notes, goals, and approve developed functionality. You must have the ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of business leaders and technologists both internal and external; with an emphasis on UX design leads and engineers/architects.
You will additionally work in-person with marketing teams, sales personnel, and Mitchell customers to identify new software solutions. You will work with sales and service teams to communicate and train on new features and business processes. You will work with sales engineers and service teams to communicate and train on new features and business processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in an Agile development environment as a member of a Scrum Team.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Gather business requirements from a variety of sources, such as customers and account managers, prioritize these requirements as part of the overall product roadmap, and work with the development, architecture, and user experience teams to build great solutions that users and buyers will love.
- Conduct customer, market, and competitive analysis to identify industry trends and unmet user needs.
- Develop User Stories with Acceptance Criteria, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, UI Wireframes, Class Diagrams, Business Rules, and Rule Flow Diagrams.
- Prioritize and order functionality based on business value.
- Do whatever else it takes to make your solution successful with a strong sense of accountability.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Economics, Engineering, or related field is preferred. MBA is desirable. GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 2+ years of work experience.
- A background of product management preferably in the software industry.
- Candidate is expected to be highly self-directed in identifying and prioritizing personal deliverables in order to meet internal and external commitments.
- Proven experience handling complex, technical scope and engaging internal partners across all phases of the product life cycle.
- Ability to adapt proactively to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment.
- Desire to excel in a fast-paced, cross-functional, team-based environment.
- Work, internship of extra-curricular experience where you were able to build and demonstrate the following:
- Leadership, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Ability to form trusting relationships with teammates and customers from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to adapt proactively to change.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Project management, prioritization and time management skills.
- Written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with sales and service in an organization.
- Agile software development methodology experience is a plus.
- Market research and identifying business development opportunities is a plus.
- Technical software/programming skills is a plus.