To build the company's product and innovation advantage by working with Marketing to create optimal products and product improvements. This includes identification and prioritization of customer needs, and aligning project
team focus to high value areas for improvement.
Role & Responsibility
- Collaborate with global, multi-cultural teams to align on platform strategy and product development plans along with providing proactive communication on progress for global projects.
- Provide target product specifications and product features for completion of Business Plan and work effectively with cross-functional teams on new product development.
- In conjunction with the Program Management Office, execute NPD process including customer research, scope prioritization and product validation to ensure the product fulfills the market needs and achieves the project goals.
- Monitor updates to the business case/financial measurements and overall project risks throughout the New Product Development process.
- Act as liaison with the attachments team to ensure that all products work with approved attachments.
- Setup new product and option package configurations in production planning systems.
- In conjunction with Marketing, develop training materials for new product launches along with participating in market and product training events (e.g. press events, literature, web development, photo/video, etc.).
- Support new product training activities to educate dealer Sales Specialists and Bobcat Field Marketers.
- Provide on-going product support to dealer Sales Specialists and Bobcat Field Marketers
- Support on-going efforts to improve dealer performance.
- Refine existing or develop new product management processes that govern product management activities and facilitate cross-regional, cross-functional collaboration.
- Manage the day to day relationship with supplier in the case of OEM products.
- Hire, supervise and develop Product Specialist(s) / Student Co-ops.
- Participate in industry events and associations.
Product Plan Development
- Understand operational issues & balance those aspects in the product planning process including quality, manufacturing complexity, and current process capability.
- Build business cases for product development, understanding customer needs, competitor's capabilities, and profit goals.
- Participate in project prioritization and develop/submit project proposals to support the product plan.
Market & Competitor Analysis
- Capture and analyze market data (e.g. by industry, market, product, channel and/or region).
- Monitor, analyze and communicate competitor product intelligence (e.g. business strategy, new products, pricing data) to identify implications and differentiation opportunities for the Company's strategy and products.
- In conjunction with Marketing, initiate and/or participate in market and product research activities to understand customer and dealer needs (Survey, Customer Visits, Focus Groups, Dealer Visits).
- Analyze market and product research (e.g. Voice of Customer / Dealer, specs, features & benefits, operations strategy) to develop a long-range product strategy (customer and dealer experience targets) & to support product development activities.
- Review Engineering Change Notice's for field impact (price, performance, safety) and communicate findings to marketing communications and channel marketing managers.
- Education required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Management or related field
- Experience required: 5>7 years
- Travel required: 10 – 24%
- International travel may occur
- Construction Product (or related) development knowledge
- Financial Acumen
- Strong communication skills (team leadership, presentation ability, proactive focus due to geographies)
- Experience in building business plans and projecting/measuring Return On Investment
- Experience in conducting and compiling customer research
- Data analysis experience preferred (LSS Green Belt or Black Belt certification or equivalent)
- Ability to manage cross functional teams.