JOB SUMMARY: The primary function of the Product Manager-Atmospheric Gases –LOX-LIN is to develop and implement strategies that will help Airgas grow LOX-LIN sales and profits. This position is responsible for identifying, launching and managing processes that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the gas supply chain. Success will require the creation of beneficial marketing, sales and product management plans, and programs, in collaboration with the Airgas Regions and Market Sectors. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and improve strategies and tactics for Liquid Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Propose, Negotiate and Manage Supply Agreements as needed
- Continually improve the Supply Chain through the analysis of make versus buy options in conjunction with the Logistics group
- Assist the Regions and Market Sectors with bids and opportunities
- Assist the Regions and Market Sectors with Price Management
- Assist the Regions and Market Sectors with implementing and executing strategy
- Analyze revenue, volume and profit trends as well as supply and demand by Region and Market Sector to identify opportunities
- Assist relevant Regions with yearly purchase requirements as needed
- Serve as LOX-LIN Subject Matter Expert in support of IT/IS project implementations, data clean-up, and file set maintenance
- Assist development of Atmospheric Gas Strategy in collaboration with AMG, Regions, Market Sectors, and Distribution and Logistics
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilityrequired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 8+ years in industrial gases sales, sales management, product management, operations
- Bachelors degree, MBA a plus
- Strong knowledge of air separation plants/economics, liquid bulk supply, packaged industrial and specialty gases, cylinders and cylinder operations
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – proficient with Excel, Word, and Power Point; Access and Data Warehouse skills a plus
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy, take initiative and execute
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the value drivers for the product and overall impact of the business
- Must be willing to travel 20% to 40% (overnight travel required).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach withhands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
o Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
o Willing and able to drive (or have access to transportation), fly, and spend evenings away from home.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.