5 - 7 years experience • Software
Summary: Responsible for driving all strategy, new development, and performance enhancements for specific set of products within a product category. Manages the end to end product lifecycle from idea inception through development and launch, leveraging specialists, operators, and stakeholders along the way.
• Bachelor degree in an IT-related discipline
• PMP certification - preferred
• 5-7 years experience managing projects
Skills and Competencies:
• Strong skills in Microsoft Project to manage to a detailed project plan
• Excellent follow up to ensure tasks are being delivered according to plan.
• Understanding of website development and associated back-end connection task
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong communication skills
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
-Help drive projects and results
• Lead development and implementation of product strategy: Incorporate deep understanding of customer insights, markets, competition, and distribution capabilities to define product strategy. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including small enhancement and content refreshments to existing products as well as new product needs
• Measure product performance and lead performance improvement initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities
• Drive new product development – create sound business cases around all new products based on needs assessment and projected feasibility. Incorporate a user/customer centric approach to all development efforts. Engage appropriate product support teams and developers early in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products
• Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles.
• Manage product lifecycles: continually evaluate product performance and key customer insights and ensure new product needs are identified far enough in advance to address needs before product obsolescence.