Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body. Come work alongside expert engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes AR universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. As a Product Manager at Oculus Research, you'll lead ideation and development of next generation hardware and software designed for augmented reality. You'llwork closely with our teams to define requirements and closely align our research and products into a cohesive long-term roadmap. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with an interest in userexperience and professionalexperiencebuilding complex, user-centric hardware products.
- Identify significant opportunities for products and make decisions that will guide the overall AR roadmap.
- Work closely with the teams to define and make decisions around requirements that will align our research and products into a cohesive roadmap.
- Gather requirements, and document them accordingly for projects and research in development.
- Prioritize features across teams using internal tools, tracking and reviewing the directions and current work frequently.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- Communicating vision across the organization, helping refine and manage changes as the organization and goals change.
- Effectively measure progress against goals and vision, identify and address any course correction needed.
- 7+ years product management experience with 2+ years of experience making hardware or software products.
- Knowledge in software/hardware engineering.
- Experience managing delivery of at least 1 consumer product.
- Organization experience.
- Communication, mediation and negotiation experience.