Aptean is changing. Our ERP solutions are transforming a huge range of global businesses, from food producers to manufacturers. In a world of generic enterprise software, we provide targeted solutions that bring together the very best technology and drive greater results. With over 3,000 employees, 50 different products and a global client base, there’s no better time to advance your career at Aptean.
Are you ready for what’s next, now? We are! If being part of a dynamic, high growth organization excites you and you are a Product Manager, and eager to learn and grow, then this opportunity is for you! Our fast-paced environment and dynamic global Product Organization department is eager for a mover and shaker to step into this role and become an integral part of our team.
About the role
Collaborate on the business strategy, align with product strategy, manage the product life cycle, get close to customers and the market to deliver products of value and ensure we deliver on and communicate the roadmap.
Technical & Product Expertise
- An expert on Aptean’s technology and services solutions, including Aptean’s unique value proposition in the market, based on a thorough understanding of the market problems and competition.
- Identifies and manages opportunities for product integration across Aptean’s portfolio throughout the product lifecycle (ideation to launch).
- Provides product expertise both internal functional groups within the company and external
- Provides key content for the development of sales tools and collateral to be distributed to the channels.
- Provide thought leadership in the form or white papers, blogs, webinars
Roadmap Development & Execution
- Gathers, analyse and validates requirements with existing and potential customers and internal key stakeholders and the market
- Develop, maintain and communicate the internal roadmap and external roadmaps
- Writes product requirements and use scenarios, partnering closely with product development and key customers to ensure we are delivering against the business need.
- Prioritize the initial features for development, along with ongoing change requests.
- Define personas for individual products and markets.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Oversee planning, prioritization and management of the product features and requirements from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize revenue and meet operational, financial and corporate objectives
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to prepare release objectives, messaging and
- Internal and external launch
- Track the performance of your products, adoption rates, retention, quality, and other key metrics.
- Understanding of customer needs in the product specific related industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to analyze the related market, competitors, customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
- Must be able to translate business problems into technical requirements.
- Full understanding the stage-gate process and software development lifecycle.
- Must have working knowledge of the product life cycle phases, including engineering specifications, customer requirements gathering, software design and development, implementation/delivery and maintenance.
- Must possess solid leadership qualities with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and be accountable for deliverables.
- Must be able to make sounds and timely decisions.
- Must be able to interface appropriately and present recommendations at all levels (i.e. engineers, management, executives, and customers) and functions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to credibly present recommendations at senior levels in the organization.
- Must be able to summarize and synthesize product and industry trending data, along with competitive information, to inform our strategy and show our current progress.
- Must be able to track cross-functional team progress to ensure timeline delivery and execution of our roadmap and releases.
- Must be able to anticipate and resolve challenges, including knowing when to ask for help.
- 8+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV / Business Central ERP
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Analytical thinking & problem solving mindset
- Small to Midsize ERP experience to NetSuite, Sage, Acumatica, Product Manager experience, 10+ years of NAV/BC experience
If you share our mindset, you can share in our success. To find out more about joining Aptean, get in touch today.
Learn from our differences. Celebrate our diversity. Grow and succeed together.
Aptean pledges to promote a company culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are central. We are committed to applying this principle as we interact with our customers, build our teams, cultivate our leaders and shape a company in which any employee can succeed, regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, sexuality and gender identity, religion, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other group status protected by law. Celebrating our diverse experiences, opinions and beliefs allows us to embrace what makes us unique and to use this as an asset in bringing innovative solutions to our customer base.
“At Aptean, our global and diverse employee base is our greatest asset. It is through embracing and understanding our differences that we are able to harness our individual power to maximize the success of our customers, our employees and our company.” – TVN Reddy