As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on Product Manager you will help customers transform to realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You are a problem solver and the thought of collaborating with a team to help companies transform to meet the challenges of tomorrow excites you. You enjoying working with other people and are motivated by creating “lightbulb” moments for the people you work with.
Our mission is to make customers' use of our products and solutions successful, so that they can more effectively transform their business. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, and business transformation specialists.
In this role, you will:
- Pair with customer Product Managers, stakeholders and technical teams to discover existing process value streams and to identify methods of incremental improvement that can be delivered in a short period
- Enable, coach, and lead customers through the agile process: inceptions, daily standup meetings, retrospectives, iteration planning meetings, and story acceptance / rejection
- Support the sales process by leading customer conversations on strategic topics and/or how our team can help deliver successful outcomes
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Product Engineering teams during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and integrated 3rd party solutions
- Work collaboratively on internal initiatives; maintaining backlogs, driving feature completion, reporting to senior management on progress and prioritization
- Travel to and work on-site with customers
IDEAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- You coach / mentor / lead teams with varied levels of experience with agile practices (e.g. Lean, Kanban, Scrum, XP) and tooling
- You define personas for the users and stakeholders of your product, and take pride in defining a product that positively changes these people’s lives
- You are experienced in the complexities of building and deploying software in the enterprise and use your creative mindset to improve velocity (Continuous Delivery) and reduce siloing (DevOps) to achieve a culture of continuous improvement
- You regularly use your relationship building skills to identify process dysfunction, work with people to define a better way, and use this to teach new skills, practices, approaches and values
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- Demonstrated ability leading multi-team product initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with agile and organizational transformation
- Experience in brand definition and launch of new products
- Software delivery experience
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.