The product manager is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the company product line. This position works closely with members of the marketing department, sales, sales support and operations to ensure continuity in product offering and company goals. The product manager is also responsible for the alignment of our product strategy, ensuring that our products stay relevant and competitive across each product line.
There are 3 positions available, across each primary product areas (Application, Infrastructure or Security) as outlined below:
- Product Manager Application – Maintain and develop relevant products/services centered on SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Healthcare and other industry specific applications.
- Product Manager Infrastructure – Maintain and develop relevant products/services centered within Infrastructure, both privately hosted and public cloud based, as well as remotely offered solutions. Largely compute, storage, backup, IaaS-focused in nature.
- Product Manager Comprehensive Managed Services - Maintain and develop relevant products/services centered within comprehensive managed services (including Security, Network, End User Service Desk, Discovery/Migration and Customer Experience (CX) through ticket systems, portals, welcome packets, run books designs, business review design, etc.)
- Works closely will all departments and levels of the organization from customers, sales, legal, accounting, marketing and operations to manage successful products throughout their lifecycle
- Responsible for the 4 P's of marketing (Product / Place / Price and Promotion) within a specific product line.
- Conceptualize new product ideas to continually improve the way customers receive services, based upon stakeholder input, organization and market data, candid customer feedback sessions and survey data
- Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally.
- Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs.
- Research, plan, document and deliver new products and product enhancements and drive development activities within the organization and with partners.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative data to measure progress for specific product improvements and initiatives
- Provide input and analysis towards current and future product initiatives, new products and related marketing strategies
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Time Management.
- Presentation Skills.
Leadership and Team Focus
• Excels in both verbal and written communications at all levels of the organization and will customers.
• Provides recommendations on changes and design enhancements to improve product success, profitability, processes, and performance.
• Takes responsibility for meeting commitments; desire to succeed and has a history of meeting solutions by deadline.
• Builds respectful relationships with team members; consistently acknowledges and appreciates each member's contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential; motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
• Provides quality customer service above else; ensures an understanding between customer and Secure-24 and helps provide workable solutions.
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
• Mitigates team conflict and communication problems; provides information that insures interest and understanding.
- Promotes innovation, creativity, and effectiveness, always striving for continuous improvement.
- Grows professionally and personally; eager to acquire new knowledge while promoting Secure-24's values and culture.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Marketing or Finance. Will also accept equivalent of Bachelor Degree through any suitable combination of education, training, or experience. Masters of Business Administrator or Certification in Product Management preferred.
Minimum of 3 years' experience in IT operations/project management role(s) or specific Product Management experience in a technology-based organization
Experience must include:
- Demonstrated strong technical knowledge in multiple IT disciplines (network, storage, infrastructure, security, operating systems and/or applications)
- Success in various technical roles streamlining operational processes
- Strongly recommended from peers at all levels of organization