Poynt was founded on the belief that all merchants should have access to innovative technology without compromising on security or user experience. We set out to fix broken commerce infrastructure by bringing developers, distributors and merchants together on an open platform running on top of a smart, all-in-one device. The company has raised over $28 million dollars in venture funding from prominent firms like Google Ventures.
Poynt is building the payment terminal and commerce platform of the future. Some of the largest merchants, developers, banks, and resellers in the world are key partners on this platform, and we aim to provide an incredible level of insight and control to each of these parties over their highly unique use cases and concerns.
Our real-time data pipeline ingests, normalizes, and aggregates billions of events from our apps and Smart Terminal, and deliver instant insights and trigger alerts on web/mobile apps for each of our customer types. We constantly tread the line between performance and scalability, using many different backend tools and optimizations to produce the most useful yet fastest interfaces and alert
With our founder and CEO Osama Bedier — former head of Google Wallet and long-time PayPal senior executive — we strive to create tools that will help merchants thrive in today’s evolving and connected commerce world.Though we are quickly growing, one thing remains constant: we are a family. We approach challenges and opportunities head on, all the while growing and evolving as individuals and a company. Our culture has allowed us to recruit the best talent from prominent tech companies like Google, PayPal, Visa, Square and others.
About the Role
As a Product Manager for Poynt OS, you will beresponsible for driving product initiatives from inception through execution. In this role you will collaborate closely withdesigners, engineers, analysts, andother cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our products amaze and delight our users. You will also have the opportunity to define the next generation Payment OS from conception to release.
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- 5+ years of product management experience
- An entrepreneurial work style, you are a self-starter
- Ability to work well with designers and engineers
- An analytical and metrics driven work style
- Prior experience at a startup or consumer internet company
- Passion for payments and new technology
- Strong SW technical skills and expertise in complete SW development cycle using Agile methodology.
- Excellent understanding of consumers in key markets and ability to translate that knowledge into new ideas and actions to develop great products.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of product creation process from engineering and quality perspective.
- Good hands on experience managing Android product / development teams and well informed about Google Android
- Experience in Android platform / strategy / APIs is a strong plus