As the Product Manager for Analytics Modeling you will help lead the next growth engine for Planet. You will be driving the overall strategy and execution of Planet's analytics modeling efforts, developing a robust portfolio of derived data products that leverage a combination of machine learning, computer vision, and traditional remote sensing techniques. In this role, you will work with the machine-learning teams and execs to shape the development of planetary-scale analytic capabilities, work with Sales to deeply understand customer needs, and usher solutions through the entire product lifecycle. This includes managing stakeholder input, product roadmap schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating across the company and externally. You will also work to expand our ecosystem of analytic partners, and seamlessly integrate advanced modeling capabilities into our platform in partnership with other product areas. You are equally at home guiding strategy with the executive team and discussing technical trade-offs in machine-learning approaches with engineers.
- Develop and maintain Planet's strategy for real-time analytics and change detection at planetary scale.
- Build our modeling-target roadmap, matching our evolving imaging, data-storage and machine-learning capabilities with market needs.
- Guide our Machine Learning teams to choose appropriate milestones and deliverables given the accuracy needs of different market segments.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Marketing to understand and map customer needs in a quickly evolving market landscape.
- Work with external parties to assess and build research partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Provide guidance to clients, partners, and team members for issue resolution within Planet and the client organization
- Partner with Product Marketing and Customer Success teams to measure and oversee customer experience quality throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Work across the entire organization to cultivate and drive the product roadmap
- Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle process from concept to launch through management of people and projects.
- Work closely with executive team members and department leaders, manage competitive industry analysis and identify area for differentiation.
- Set project priorities and working through team leaders advance projects from development through implementation, including manpower/work plans, reporting, and quality standards.
- Capture and prioritize product requirements from multiple sources.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 3+ years of experience in building data oriented products/services or business analytics
- Bachelor's or master's in Computer Science, GIS, Geography, Remote Sensing or related field
- Strong knowledge of the strengths, limitations, and scalability of various machine learning and quantitative modeling techniques.
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources from multiple areas of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical level
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Must be energetic, creative, and self-motivated.