The Product Manager is responsible for identifying, developing, implementing and monitoring new products and services for the AmVenture ecosystem. This is accomplished by conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; and developing marketing strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly internal reports for each partner focused on KPIs. Identify trends and results that need to be addressed and create appropriate response or action.
- College degree or equivalent (10+ years similar work experience)
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Minimum 5 years experience or process/product management position.
- Must have experience with insurance or technology - preferably in commercial lines, wholesale, and/or lead selling space.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to present data in an effective manner based on the audience.
- Judgment, problem solving, and decision making.
- Planning, organization, multi-tasking
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Professional designations (sales, insurance, leadership, etc.)
- Ability to obtain P&C licensed
- Fun and fast paced environment with frequent internal and external customer contact
- Significant autonomy