Cheddar is seeking an experienced Product Manager to conceptualize a superior end-to-end experience for our viewers and lead stakeholder teams to execute the vision. The right candidate will thrive in a start-up environment; delicately balancing process, speed and value.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of strategic thinking and operational skills to prioritize and shepherd features out the door. You will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment with multiple demanding stakeholders. Your focus will be on helping the content and business teams accomplish their objectives while delivering an experience that meets the needs of our audience.
What you'll do:
● Be a huge part of creating a new kind of TV news network by developing new software product ideas and strategies
● Craft an amazing experience for Cheddar, News 12, and i24 viewers on our website and iPhone, Apple TV, Roku, and Android apps
● Find efficient ways for our content and edit teams to produce and distribute video and articles by maintaining and evolving our proprietary CMS
● Work with virtually every function of the business including software engineers, designers, broadcast engineers, producers and editors.
● Develop and maintain product prioritization methodologies; communicate roadmap priorities and progress
● Conduct ROI analysis to help prioritize features/projects
● Partner with the design and development teams to break down complex ideas into iterative and executable stories, then work with engineers to scope and estimate work, all in an Agile framework
● Attend sprint kick offs and daily stand ups to stay abreast of developer progress, strengths, and to help remove obstacles/reset expectations as needs arise
● Stay abreast of changes in industry and where competitors are leading, and establish Cheddar, News 12, and i24 as leaders and innovators in video news
● Define KPIs for new features and create plans for measuring each initiative
● Gather, interpret, and create plans of action based on user feedback
● Lead quality assurance and defect reporting
● Field product questions from our support channels
● At least 5+ years of digital product experience, preferably for a video streaming or media company
● Experience managing product specifications, prioritization methods and backlogs in an agile/lean environment
● Knowledge of strategic planning/product management prioritization techniques and tools
● Familiarity with technical concepts and SDLC so that you can participate in technical discussions and help the team assess technical trade-offs
● Experience writing product requirements and user stories
● Experience running UAT, QA or answering technical support questions
● Experience with the start-up culture or an organization experiencing rapid growth and diversification