Under minimal supervision, the Product Manager is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, to include; gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining product vision via a program plan, and working closely with sales, manufacturing, and engineering to ensure both Company metric objectives and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers; individually, with field sales staff as well as by evaluating sales call results.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the Henke's products to competitor's products. Identifies new product opportunities that fit Henke's plans for profitable growth.
- Takes lead in performing continuing education programs on products.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, marketing, and production.
- Develops and maintains product specifications as well as training aids for dealer and sales team members. Assists the Marketing consultant with the creation of literature and marketing advertisements.
- Maintains a holistic view of Henke products, bringing the voice of the customer to Sales, Engineering, Production and Technical Services.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of hydraulics, controls, and mechanical drives with the ability to troubleshoot and perform general service on them.
- Knowledge in steel manufacturing (fabrication and welding) equipment and processes preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, operator's manuals, and assembly instructions.
- Knowledge of patent research and ability to understand and discuss patients with legal entities.
- Knowledge of anti and de-icing along with snow removal equipment and practices.
- Ability to perform basic measurements using a tape measure, protractor, and other measuring devices.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment including tape measure, square, calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
- Ability to analyze information and processes, identify problems, develop and evaluate options, and implement solutions.
- Skilled and proficient with the use of personal computers; including standard office software (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to communicate with various levels within the organization.
- Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- The ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through planning, execution, and evaluation of business processes.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills required
- Ability and willingness to work irregular and/or extended hours and travel five days a week, both domestically and internationally as workload dictates.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit and model Alamo Group's Core Competencies:
- Learning: Desire to acquire additional skills to enhance personal growth; aptitude to absorb, master and retain new knowledge; and the ability to explain and teach acquired skills to others.
- People Relations: Willingness and ability to cooperate work and communicate with coworkers, supervisors, and outside contacts. Shares information and resources, values contributions of others, and readily gives and receives help.
- Position & Technical Knowledge: Ability to support multiple job tasks; remains up to date on changes/trends in technical knowledge related to the job; and understands the impact their job has on other functions of the business.
- Communication: Able to treat co-workers and supervisors with courtesy and respect and keep others informed on work status and problems. Listens and interacts effectively and able to communicate ideas, instructions, and questions clearly.
- Results Driven: Ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through individual and team contributions. Accepts accountability for own performance and actively contributes to continuous improvement initiatives.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience selling and marketing municipal products required, with in-depth knowledge of snow and ice equipment preferred.
- Class B CDL with air brake endorsement required or must be able to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership to customers.