Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy
is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we're looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
The Product Manager, openings in both My Reading Academy and My Reading Academy, will work with the product team of experienced educators, designers, and developers to create innovative digital learning experiences, products, and professional learning for students, teachers, other district faculty, and staff, and parents. In this role, you will have the enviable opportunity to help determine the research efforts, features, benefits, and user experience of the Age of Learning Mastery products. You will also monitor product performance and key metrics to drive strategy and decisions on priority, business value, and functionality forward of the mastery product.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality products and professional learning for children, teachers, and other stakeholders.
- Investigate, define, and document product and professional learning requirements and socialize those requirements with cross-functional teams to drive alignment, timeline, and deliverable expectations.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data in support of product and professional development strategy
- Be the product expert and voice for all internal and external stakeholders
- Provide coherence across teams to ensure transparency of priorities, roadmap decisions, project updates, and define solutions for blockers
- Craft research projects alongside research teams to ensure the product and professional development is exceeding expectations of meeting user pain points, as well as discovering and defining new features.
- Regularly meet with marketing, sales, customer success to support mastery needs
- Deep understanding of competitive landscapes in the educational supplemental market
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional disciplines to develop and launch high-quality educational products
- Deep understanding of data-driven analysis and translation to product requirement priorities
- Experience designing and fine-tuning the customer experience by making structured, hypothesis-driven product improvements
- Early childhood and/or elementary educational publishing knowledge and market landscape experience
- Experience with creating adult-centric professional learning that is engaging, efficient, and drives successful implementations in the educational industry
- Background with user testing and design research and thinking
- Successful with capturing, collating, and sharing feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Passion for creating innovation, fun, and compelling learning experiences
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Age of Learning currently provides:
- 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
- A 401(k) program with employer match
- 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
- Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
- Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
- Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
- Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
- A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
- Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment