AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect” you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking a Product Manager for our Fusion Splicer division in Duncan, SC. The Product Manager will be responsible for all the planning that goes into a product or portfolio of products. The incumbent manages the product lifecycle and is responsible for the financial performance of the products. The Product Manager works closely with Engineering to develop products that compliment and/or expand the current product portfolio; works with the Sales Team to identify business opportunities both within and outside the current customer base.
- Meet the business unit’s financial goals by establishing pricing guidelines that maximizes profit
- Develop a business plan for the product categories by establishing short and long term objectives for each
- Stay current with industry standards to insure product compliance
- Work with the Marketing Department to develop marketing materials for all products in the
- portfolio. This includes catalogs, product brochures, specification sheets, training videos and anything else that can be used for promotion
- Work with the Engineering teams to develop new and/or enhance existing products. Prioritize to ensure that valuable engineering resources are used on projects that have the potential to deliver the greatest benefit to the business unit
- Support the Sales Team by participating in joint calls with key customers and by collaborating on potential new customers and/or markets
- Collect market data in an effort to understand the competition and how AFL is positioned in the marketplace
- Provide accurate forecasts to manufacturing so capacity can be built to meet demand. In cases where capacity is not sufficient to meet demand priorities are established based on feedback from the commercial team
- Manage the integration of new products into the Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or Business
- 10+ years’ work experience
- 7+ years’ experience in the fiber optic industry desired
- 6+ years’ of supervisory experience is preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- In-depth product knowledge of fiber optic products is desired
- Ability to travel when needed