Armstrong Flooring, Inc. (AFI) has a job opportunity for a Product Manager – Accessories & Floor Care to be located in Lancaster, PA. The Product Manager – Accessories & Floor Care will be responsible for the achievement of strategic objectives for the assigned product category through the development and execution of multi-generational product plans. Additionally, the Product Manager – Accessories & Floor Care will be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing successful portfolio and channel initiatives from conceptual stages through the product life cycle to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate financial objectives.
Key Responsibilities of the Product Manager – Accessories & Floor Care:
- Owning and delivering the budgeted financial and strategic performance objectives
- Leading development of strategic vision and direction/plan for the product category
- Creating and implementing a multi-generational product plan with product offering, pricing/margins, channel differentiation, and positioning that delivers competitive advantage and drives profitable growth.
- Assisting in development of the operating plan for product lines/channels on an annual basis
- Capturing “voice of customer” feedback from consumers, customers, and key influencers, and translate into strategy for product positioning, pricing, communication, and innovation/MGPP.
- Driving the Stage-Gate NPD process in collaboration with cross-functional project teams
- Setting product pricing in partnership with Pricing, Sales, and Finance
- Working with Product and Channel Marketing to create effective product launch, promotion and communication strategies for consumers, key influencers, and tradechannel partners
- Partnering cross-functionally to support operational excellence
- Collaborating with sales teams to achieve the sales operating plan
- Monitoring and analyzing the competitive landscape for opportunity
- Ensuring product offering and positioning is consistent with the brand propositions
Required Qualifications for the Product Manager – Accessories & Floor Care:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of product management or relevant experience
- Strong strategic thinking and overall business acumen
- Ability to listen, capture, and translate consumer and customer needs (both stated and un-stated)
- Strong strategic marketing skills – i.e. brand/product strategy, positioning, pricing, research, etc.
- Works effectively and positively in a cross-functional team environment and with all levels
- Able to foster and nurture creativity, think “outside the box,” and turn “white space” into opportunity
- Excellent customer facing skills
Desired Qualifications for the Product Manager – Accessories & Floor Care:
- MBA degree
- Experience with both consumer products and business-to-business products a positive
- Experience managing new product development projects with Stage-Gate methodology
- Experience in the building products industry, working with both retail and non-retailchannels