The Product (Offering) Manager is responsible for providing offering management leadership to drive growth and profitability of Vertiv’s 3-Phase AC Power Distribution and Switching offerings. Work with the Director of Offering Management and offering management team to:
- Gain deep insight into customer needs and desired outcomes through extensive customer, channel, and market research.
- Convert insights into innovative product strategies and detailed market requirements.
- Develop and maintain business case(s) through product development and launch.
- Align business case and financial forecasts with regional go-to-market teams.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to bring new products to the market in the shortest time possible.
- Manage profitability and sales forecast of product line.
- Be an expert on markets, industries, channels, and competitive product lines.
- Develop sales and marketing strategies and plans to maximize product revenue and profitability.
- Develop and execute product lifecycle management plans including product introduction, line extension, engineered to order, and end of production.
- Research market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, and the competitive landscape.
- Ensure all customer facing offering documentation and marketing collateral is available and accurate.
- Provide offering information to Customers, Sales, Customer Service and Application Engineering.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, product demos, and other sales enablement tools.
- Develop and track metrics to measure post-launch sales performance of new offerings.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to develop marketing programs for demand generation.
- Create sales facing order configuration forms.
- Manage list pricing and discounts.
- Manage product line profitability and volume forecasts.
- Assist in championing resolution of offering issues (i.e. delivery, quality, inventory)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business; Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years technical, product/service, strategic planning, marketing or directly related experience.
- Experience with 3-phase power distribution or UPS systems is preferred
- Ability to quickly develop cross-functional relationships to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated competence in problem solving, data analysis, & project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Smartsheet, and other business applications
- Excellent communications skills – written & verbal