The Senior Product Manager is the core marketing owner and driver of the success for their designated channel. This is a general management role that requires Marketing strategy development and oversight while contributing to and influencing all facets of Sales and Marketing within the division including: Financial, Product Management and Marketing Plan Development, Creation of Marketing Strategy, Execution of Tactics, Training, Pricing, Materials Management, Business Development, and New Product Development and Introduction.
The Senior Product Manager shall maintain product expertise including branding, market share, customer needs and targeting, product performance/benefits/weaknesses / positioning.
This position will focus on the development of marketing and sales strategies for the US Government, Reference Labs, and Independent Delivery Network channels.
Success will be measured against sales and margin expectations, understanding of market and customers, competency/knowledge level and market image.
The SPM is responsible for leading the tactical implementation of activities that will lead to a customer-centric and goal achievement culture. This includes:
• Developing preliminary marketing plans and launch strategies
• Creating and developing strategies for acquisition channel.
• Taking a leadership role to work closely with sales teams to drive accountability and team achievement of goals and milestones.
• Managing creative agencies to plan, develop, and execute new materials.
• Partnering with regulatory colleagues in the review and negotiation of materials to ensure competitiveness, accuracy, and compliance.
The Senior Product Manager will have primary marketing and budget responsibility for designated channel projects.
In this core Marketing role, the SPM will drive and be held accountable to deliver Sales and Margin goals for designated channel.
The Senior Product Manager will be expected to be responsive and able to directly address questions and requests of senior management.
Bachelor degree in business or life sciences. MBA or Masters is desired.
Background in working with the US Government, Reference Labs, and/or Independent Delivery Networks is required.
Diagnostics or Healthcare Experience - 6 years, Marketing Experience - 4 years
• Leadership experience
• Scientific or technical experience
• Project management experience
• International exposure
In addition, the successful candidate will have additional focus on the following:
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation/communication skills
• Deep understanding of the complexities of the diagnostics market and customer needs
• Ability to develop, rationalize and present strategy
• Strong analytical and computer skills, with knowledge of financial models
• Strong work ethic, self-motivation and resourcefulness