Responsible for driving the product strategy and definition of Jeppesen products. Defines the strategic product roadmaps by evaluating market opportunities, analyzing customers and partners’ needs and studying industry trends to identify and prioritize strategic developments and partners.
- Formulates and reviews corporate short and long-range plans, goals, and objectives for specific product or product-line.
- Conducts competitive product analysis and market research of product consumer behavior and professional audience.
- Determines the profitability and viability of new products or product enhancements.
- Develops production and marketing strategies and tactics to ensure effective product placement relative to market opportunity, working closely with product development for a specific product or product area over its entire life cycle.
- Works with other functions to finalize product specifications.
- Attends trade shows, industry conferences and customers/partners meetings.
Degree in a related field of study and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Regularly contributes to the development of new job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Performs work with minimal direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Effects of decisions are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results may result in the significant expenditure of company resources.
- Serves as subject matter expert to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Job ID 626