Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
The Product Owner for the Integrated Platform initiative will be responsible for interfacing directly with one or more scrum teams devoted to developing Mitchell’s Integrated Platform. In this role, the product owner will author user stories and acceptance criteria, create and maintain backlogs and approve developed functionality. This position will work across multiple products and multiple release trains. The position requires significant interaction cross-functionally with product managers, development teams, architects and other stakeholders. Success in this role will drive implementation of and adherence to Mitchell’s Integrated Platform across various business units.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Develop requirements with User Stories, Use Cases and Activity Diagrams to facilitate development
- Prioritize and plan stories with the team based on business impact
- Partner with customers, product managers, product owners, design and development teams to improve our product offerings and processes
- Develop and maintain the appropriate tracking mechanisms and metrics
- Develop and maintain teams’ backlogs and keep the documentation up-to-date
- Stay up to date on the latest technology that will enhance Mitchell's thought leadership
- Do whatever else it takes to make your solution successful with a strong sense of accountability
- Prior business systems analysis experience (5+ years).
- B.A. or B.S. required. MBA or other advanced degree desirable.
- Demonstrated passion for improving product development, and adopting new technologies
- Ability to bring structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing/changing priorities
- Highly logical thinker who can work in a team and cross functional environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention and focus on detail
- Superior written communication required
- Experience in Agile methodology required
- Prior experience working with ESBs (Enterprise Service Bus), SOA ( Service Oriented Architecture), API management and governance a plus
- Technical software / programming experience a plus