Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
Mitchell’s Pharmacy Solutions division provides critical Pharmacy Benefit Management solutions to hundreds of workers’ compensation and auto insurance carriers, administrators and employers in the United States, as well as connects with over 65,000 pharmacies to provide injured patients with access to prescription medicines. Our mission is to provide our customers with better claim outcomes and help patients restore their lives after a workplace or automobile accident. The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability protection and tuition reimbursement. Our associates enjoy excellent career growth opportunities in a collaborative and engaging professional office environment that includes an onsite gym, full cafeteria and more.
As a Product Manager you will lead the development of software-products and services that are known for their robust innovative capabilities and ease of use. In the product owner role, interfacing directly with one or more AgileScrum teams, you will provide overall program management, define requirements, author user stories and acceptance criteria, convey release timelines, notes, goals, and approve developed functionality. You must have the ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of business leaders and technologists both internal and external; with an emphasis on UX design leads and engineers/architects.
You will additionally collaborate from time-to-time with other product managers, marketing teams, sales personnel, and Mitchell customers to identify new software solutions. You will work with sales engineers and service teams to communicate and train on new features and business processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in an Agile development environment as a member of a Scrum Team.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Gather business requirements from a variety of sources, such as customers and account managers, prioritize these requirements as part of the overall product roadmap, and work with the development, architecture, and user experience teams to build great solutions that users and buyers will love.
- Conduct customer, market, and competitive analysis to identify industry trends and unmet user needs.
- Develop User Stories with Acceptance Criteria, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, UI Wireframes, Class Diagrams, Business Rules, and Rule Flow Diagrams.
- Prioritize and order functionality based on business value.
- Do whatever else it takes to make your solution successful with a strong sense of accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Must have demonstrated excellent business judgment and strategic aptitude.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with attention and focus on detail.
- Must be a quick learner with superior verbal and written communication and presentations skills.
- Experience conducting market research and identifying business development opportunities required.
- The ability to interact and form trusting relationships with internal and external customers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Position may require up to 10% travel.
- Possess a "can-do" attitude and a passion for constant improvement.
Preferred Candidates will possess the following skills/experience:
- Experience in claims, insurance and or pharmacy industry is highly preferred.
- Agile software development methodologies.
- Market research and identifying business development opportunities.
- Active PMP certification.