Product Management /Operations Manager
The Project Management/Operations Manager will lead and/or oversee the operation optimization projects for Bunge North America (BNA) Oilseed Value Chain Refine/Packaging facilities. Associated work will include coordination management of Plant Operations facilities with corporate support teams for Product Management, Supply Chain, Commercial, Innovation, and Customer Service. Facilitation with outside consultants and third party vendors as necessary for the successful completion of the projects. Coordination with OVC Management in areas such as safety, environmental, quality, commercial sales, product management, supply chain, and operations support.
• Coordination of Plant Operations and Product management teams for new products, expansion of product lines, and changes to existing products.
• Liaison for Plant Operations with Product Management teams for liquid, shortenings, and margarine and non-food application teams.
•Team member operations support for Product Management teams developing operational and technical feasibility, packaging reviews, and SAP integration support.
• Operational and Technical expert in BNA operations supporting Innovation and R&D in concept, development and implementation of new products and innovative concepts at Plants operations throughout BNA.
• Coordination of Plant Operations and Supply Chain team for oil management of internal and external supplies, new product implementations, and optimization of production plants and products. Developing lowest cost operations opportunities for product supply.
• Lead and assist in business case development for proposed footprint projects.
• Assist Plant Managers in in problem solving and trouble-shooting as requested by BNA facilities.
• Prepare and/or assemble periodic project reports summaries from Product Management teams for impact to operations facilities.
• Assist Plant Managers with evaluation, planning and development of capital expenditure and continuous improvement projects requiring business operations knowledge
• Ensure capital and expense projects are aligned with business unit objectives and completed safely within scope, schedule and budget
• Manage project submission process to include evaluation of projects, review of proposals and advise on project feasibility
• Collaborate with Operations and IM to assign engineering team and resources to projects to optimize resources and ensure required expertise
• Develop and maximize team member capabilities by fostering an environment that identifies talent, provides ongoing coaching and feedback and creates opportunities for growth and development
• Manage operations support functions for SAP and FSMA capabilities, coordinating with IT and other business leaders.
• Model and cascade behaviors supporting BNA capabilities (Operational Excellence, People Management, Business Intelligence, Customer Satisfaction, Value Chain Integration and Risk Management).
• Communicate and model good business practices that support the company’s core values.
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; Chemical, Civil, Mechanical, or Agricultural related engineering preferred
• 20 plus years Refine/Packaging Operations/Engineering experience with an in-depth knowledge of Bunge North America processes.
• Imitate knowledge of BNA capabilities for packaging and refining operations of current products, processes, and methods. Specific knowledge of facility capabilities across all product lines of Oils OVC production plants.
• 5 plus years of experience managing others including plant and multi-plant operations
• Working knowledge of safety, environmental, sustainability, quality and continuous improvement including applicable standards
• Demonstrated knowledge of equipment and engineering practices and standards commonly used in the agribusiness industry
• Demonstrated proficiency with applicable computer software packages including SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
• Knowledge of agribusiness plant operations, maintenance and safety is required
• Exceptional verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills
• Strong work ethic with excellent interpersonal skills
• Approximately 50-60% travel, sometimes with short notice and extended stays to BNA facilities in the primarily in U.S., but could be asked to go to Canada or Mexico