The AI/ML team at Splunk works on incorporating machine learning methods to improve our product portfolio across the Core Platform, Applications and Solutions. Our initiatives, in this rapidly growing team, range from building groundbreaking infrastructure and platform technology to developing bespoke techniques that look at extending ML seamlessly to streams. The team is uniquely positioned to bring together ground breaking innovations from research teams, work with outstanding platform engineers and partner with hi-impact, hi-growth market leader product offerings. We are hiring for either a Product Manager or Sr. Product Manager, depending on experience.
The role is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in the evolution of our platform and establish themselves as the owner of a major capability in a best-in-class enterprise technology company. Ideal candidates will have a strong technical background with interest and passion to define the state-of-the-art and its applications to real world business problems. Experience building or working with AI / ML / Data Science platforms, and / or bring deep domain expertise in applying data-driven innovations to transform verticals such as Enterprise Security, AI Ops, and Observability.
We are looking for product leaders, and innovators who want to help shape the future. Ideally you demonstrate a balance of initiative, collaboration, pragmatism and desire to apply technology what is possible. As a team we believe in working hard, and bringing our best foot forwards. Our team values are Customer first, then Team, and then Self.
- Develop the Market & Product Requirements on how Machine Learning can be applied across the platform and our solutions to delight our customers
- Collect customer, sales, partner, and market input for the development of product requirements, then develop and validate associated use cases
- Develop and refine engineering plans and roadmaps by working with R&D on an ongoing basis
- Support product marketing to develop product positioning, pricing and collateral
- Serve as the subject matter authority to Splunk’s field operations through product training and sales support activities
- Drive our beta programs for Machine Learning
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
- Learn Splunk, both the product and the company
- 6+ years strong, consistent record in product management with relevant exposure or similar role in an enterprise software company
- Familiarity with and hands-on knowledge of using data-science tools and libraries such as scikit-learn, pandas, stats model, ML-LIB (Spark), R, KNIME, Pytorch, Tensor Flow etc.
- Interest and awareness of state-of-art experimentation and operationalization frameworks such as Big Head, Krylov, ML Flow, Meta-flow, Michael Angelo, TFX, etc. and platforms such as Sage Maker, Databricks, and Data Robot.
- Sound understanding of Machine Learning techniques, such as linear regression, logistic regression, naïve Bayes, SVM, decision trees and random forests etc and their applications to real world use cases
- Previous experience in applying advanced analytics and AI/ML techniques to improve domain specific applications such as for Enterprise Security, AI Ops, Observability.
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum model of product development
- Deep appreciation for data scientist lifecycle and familiarity with building and incorporating analytics / recommendations / reporting in domain-specific solutions
- Ability to write, defend and execute on business cases; Past experience with strategy, market analysis, and understanding of enterprise GTM motions
- Collaboration skills and validated ability to lead without authority
- Strong communication verbal and written skills
- PHD or MS degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS, Data Science); MBA or equivalent practical experience.