$200K — $250K *
Responsible for leading the technology and data solutions (TDS) strategic and marketing planning for the Augmented and Mixed Reality (AR/MR) platform and applications across all business units. This position is the liason between the TDS organization and all business units, including R&D, upstream, and downstream marketing teams. This position is also responsible for facilitating and helping to coordinate development activities as applicable across TDS, consulting teams and external partners in partnership with AR/MR technical leader. This includes the development and execution of comprehensive strategic plans, marketing plans, programs, new product development pipelines, and portfolio roadmaps specific to AR/MR . This position may oversee Product Managers and Associate Product Managers within key business segments.
• This role will be responsible for building, integrating and promoting the value of AR/MR across Zimmer Biomet, and ensure the ZB solution is differentiated from all competitors in the marketplace.
• Responsible for market development plan for introduction of a unique AR/MR solution into the orthopedic space, inclusive of value-add product roadmap, data development plan and commercialization strategy.
• Develops supporting business plan with clear value proposition, quantifying the global market opportunity, identifying a clinical/marketing claims matrix, defining pricing strategies and building out market share, market penetration and revenue forecast models.
• Responsible for leading a cross functional team to develop robust launch plan and to successful execute go to market. Works across multiple internal and external groups such as design, packaging and labeling, regulatory claims, surgical technique generation, advertising, sales force education, etc
• Drive solutions and strategies related to AR/MR that transform the business into an insight and solutions provider by demonstrating the value of connected-intelligent technologies that leverage the power of data resulting in better healthcare decision making and better patient outcomes.
• Develop the technology and data solutions portfolio strategy by successfully capturing voice of customer, user needs, surgeon interactions, and stakeholder feedback with the goal of developing meaningful solutions verses individual products.
• Maintains high level of product category knowledge through staying current in published information, regional market contacts, surgeon interaction, industry educational meetings, and business unit specific trends.
• Identify new customer- centric business models that cater to the changing healthcare landscape and create competitive advantage.
• Liaison between the business unit and product development teams ensuring alignment on product functionality and user needs.
• Coordinate with global team leaders to identify regional needs regarding AR/MR.
• Develop and maintain product line technical expertise and contacts with key surgeons and customers of product responsibility by observing surgery, attending medical/scientific meetings, presentations, and seminars while gathering competitive information.
• Conduct market research activities to analyze and identify market needs and issues.
• Lead, mentor and develop product management team members to support their professional growth.
• Maintain a high level of collaboration with domestic and international sales leaders to drive product line market adoption.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in written form with a clear and concise manner. Excel at making business presentations.
• Strong collaborator and capable of thriving in a matrix organization.
• Strong analytical skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to develop, maintain and grow relationships with key customers, including surgeons and sales teams
• Strong knowledge and experience with new product development, especially as it relates to medical device technology.
• Ability to lead a team, influence others, and strong organizational skills.
• Energizes all levels of the organization to deliver on business goals and objectives.
• Excels at Influence management as cross-functional business lead
• Microsoft Office Suite General knowledge of medical device business including the science, products (Zimmer Biomet and competitors), research and commercialization process, manufacturing, marketing, and sales; market knowledge, products within assigned group, surgical process, selling process, regulatory process, development process, and marketing strategies.
• BA. /B.S. in marketing, sales, engineering or other relevant 4 year degree. MBA preferred.
• 7-10 years of product management experience or relevant experience in a healthcare field.
• Experience working with traditional marketing concepts, marketing and portfolio strategies, product promotion, market analysis, and forecasting.
• Experience in both marketing and medical device product development engineering is preferred
• Experience in technology and/or smart devices preferred.
• Experience in an orthopedics market preferred.
• Experience in VR/AR/MR preferred. Experience in market development, bringing new technologies to market preferred
Valid through: 10/30/2020