Product Management Director, Solution Readiness & Delivery
With nearly 20,000 organizational customers and millions of student users, Blackboard is the world's leading educationtechnology company. Blackboard is shaping the future of education with big ideas that challenge conventional thinking and advance new models of learning. Every day we’re inspiring people to find new ways to learn, connect and drive change in the way education is delivered and experienced. Through technology and services, we bring people closer to the knowledge they seek and to ways they can change their own education and the world for the better.
Blackboard Transact™ is an integrated technology platform that helps improve the student experience and campus safety, while helping streamline business operations and increasing revenue.
The Blackboard Transact platform includes capabilities within three integrated modules:
- Transaction Management: facilitates campus ID credential issuance, cashless payment processing, account management and reporting on-campus, off-campus, and online.
- Security Management: monitors all campus activity using integrated door access control, video surveillance and mass notification capabilities.
- Financial Services: offers innovative options for tuition presentment and payment, financial aid disbursement, revenue enhancement or cost savings through innovative technologies that further enhance the studentexperience.
Blackboard Transact, the global leader in higher education learning software and campus transaction systems and payments, is searching for a Solution Director to join our Product Management team. Based in Phoenix Arizona, Blackboard Transact solutions are deployed throughout America’s largest and most prestigious colleges and universities.
This position will concentrate on the end to end solution readiness and delivery management of all the Transact products, including our current on-premise and cloud offerings. This will involve the management and enhancement of our current Transact offerings, as well as the development of new offerings, including payment, security, and identification and privilege management utilizing a combination of software, hardware and services.
The Solution Director will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to define and create industry changing products. We are looking for a high energy, results driven individual, that will have overall solution responsibilities and ownership to ensure end-to-end successful delivery for critical high value products that enhance the daily lives of students as well as faculty, parents, alumni and other campus constituents.
The Product Management Solution Director will play an integral role in the success of the Transact Division. Specificresponsibilitiesinclude:
- Owning product vision and managing the readiness and delivery to meet corporate and division strategic and financial goals
- Owning the end to end release and launch process to ensure compliance are progression to on time delivery of quality releases
- Managing current development and release processes of on-premise and cloud offerings
- Working closely with product managers on the successful execution of product roadmaps
- Managing and communicating product roadmap direction working closely with product managers and marketing as well as otherinternal and external constituents
- Executing typical high technology product definition cycle steps of elicitation, analysis, specification, and validation while considering and leveraging industry standards and best practices
- Performing competitive analysis for portfolio products
- Working cross functionally with numerous groups including Consulting, Support, Product Development, Sales and Marketing
- Collaborating with Product Marketing while owning the go to market process for product releases
- Tracking and reporting market performance
- Hosting customer focus groups to test and refine product ideas and strategies for the all products
- 10+ Years of experience in Product Management, requirement writing and related skills
- Experience in the management of multi-tenant cloud-based offerings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience, with 4 +years of applicable, related product management experience in cloud-based solutions.
- An aptitude and interest in both business strategy and considerations, the latest concepts in product design, and an understanding of the latest technologies in the web and cloud computing areas
- Proven ability to form and deliver analysis depicting anticipated market demand
- Ability to conceptualize features and functionality from idea stage to implementation, and communicate complex information to different target audiences
- Ability to think strategically and find creative solutions to problems
- Flexibility when working with different sets of processes and people who are building very different products, e.g. web-based applications, mobile applications, on-premise solutions, and physical hardware
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Outstanding active listening skills
- Demonstrated communication, analytical and problem solving skills, and short term and long term planning skills
- Experience working and managing in an environment focused on the development, sales, or distribution of educational content or educational tools.
- Experience in managing and organizing user groups
- Master’s degree in a relevant major such as business, Marketing or information technology
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively influence and communicate cross functionally within Blackboard and across external partners
- Knowledge and experience in payments processing, security systems, or enterprise level edtech software and/or hardware
- Training and certification in either Agile or Pragmatic Marketing product management disciplines
- Experience with: Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, JIRA, SmartSheet, Adobe Acrobat, Aha!
- Ability to travel up to 25%