At SmartDrive, we are passionate about safety and enabling fleets to reduce collisions and operating expenses. Our products leverage video analysis, computer vision, machine learning, predictive analytics, personalized performance programs, and the world’s largest repository of analyzed risky driving events to deliver ground-breaking solutions for our customers, helping them enhance their operations, improve safety, lower expenses, and save lives.
Our business is nearly doubling every year, and our people are a key enabler of that growth. We are looking for a passionate, creative, and motivated individual to join the Product Management team in delivering products that continue this growth and make a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
You will be responsible for defining and developing innovative, differentiated, best-in-class products, leveraging deep customer insights and knowledge of the competitive landscape. You will own the product strategy, planning, and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This includes developing business cases based on solid technical and analytical justifications, preparing roadmaps, and interfacing with business stakeholders and engineering to define and drive feature requirements from conception to completion among other tasks.
This is a critical individual contributor role. You will work with many of the 600 people worldwide who are employed at SmartDrive in offices in the United States, United Kingdom, China, and India and lead the organization to realize our business goals.
- Develop and manage the product strategy and roadmap for SmartDrive’s products, working with stakeholders and senior management to plan and prioritize product deliverables and schedules
- Prepare product requirements that address the objectives of the company, competitive outlook, industry direction, resource constraints, timeline, etc.
- Lead cross-functional teams with respect to requirements interpretation, product decisions, specification reviews, customer satisfaction issues, and scheduling
- Manage the product backlog
- Evaluate the impact of trade-off decisions between programs and capabilities
- Clearly communicate product development updates, risks, and issues to stakeholders and senior management
- Maintain a high attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair SmartDrive’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical objectives
- Develop and deliver technical and business presentations and training
- Demonstrated leadership role in conceiving, specifying, and delivering major commercial software products to market (preference for commercial transportation and advanced analytics markets)
- Minimum of 10 yearexperience as commercial software product manager with minimum 4 years in a significant leadership role
- Significant knowledge of formal product management and product marketing activities, including market research, market sizing, pricing, marketing communications, and product launch
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, developing, and managing high performance commercial software product management teams
- Proven ability to take informed risks, make difficult business decisions, and communicate impact of such decisions to ensure buy-in, as well as timely results
- Strong knowledge of finance and business case development for commercial software products, including ability to develop and reconcile financial data such as product income statements, return on investment analysis, and net-present value analysis
- Demonstrated ability to make major contributions to product, marketing, and business strategy at the senior management level
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and impactful commercial software product management processes across diverse product lines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize the work effort and ensure that tasks are completed on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage trade-offs
- Excellent communication skills, which include active listening and the ability to present complex ideas in concise written and verbal descriptions which are easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Intimate knowledge of people management skills with ability to communicate with other individuals while simultaneously building credibility and rapport and ability to modify behavioral style to respond to the needs of others while maintaining objectives
- Self-confident, experienced, and a proactive with a proven ability to produce outstanding results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand, track, drill-down, and question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based upon that data
- Superior documentation and communication skills with an eye towards total quality management and continuous process improvement
- Strong influence management, negotiation, leadership and assertiveness skills
- Must be a person of the highest integrity who approaches business, decision-making, and responsibilities honestly and openly
- Willingness and ability to travel within the United States and to the United Kingdom, India, and China.