Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working together to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions. Bring your expertise to our innovative culture where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, and to take your career further than you can imagine. Product Management Director Preferred Work Location is St. Louis, Missouri for one opening and Virginia for the other opening. Manager will also consider candidates in Wisconsin, Ohio, or Indiana. Remote work may be considered for right candidate.
Responsible for leading the development, implementation, and management of a product strategy for a specific state or local market. Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, implements and maintains competitive product platform.
- Partners with product managers to achieve superior execution of product strategy in the marketplace.
- Tracks individual product performance by benefit design, market segment and geography.
- Supports the development of short and long term strategic product plans in support of market, sales and profitability objectives.
- Identifies system needs to support short and long term product strategy.
- Develops system requirements and ROI.
- May lead effort or manage project teams in the implementation of regional and companywide initiatives including legislative changes, network/provider changes/ medical management program and policy initiatives, etc.
- Operationalize and maintain the PDLC, CM and GTM functions, including processes, tools, metrics and tracking
- Support a culture within Commercial Product for systematic strategic product planning and product ideation
- Maintain integrated market and capability roadmaps, ensuring internal alignment amongst Product teams and strategic alignment across the Commercial organization
- Define process, deliverables and consistent formulas for ROI analysis for product launches
- Direct strategic product planning for the Commercial Product organization, managing processes, deliverables and templates for multi-year and annual planning processes in alignment with enterprise and Commercial planning activities
- Lead product vendor management and partnership program
- Requires a BA/BS degree; 5-8years of product management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Demonstrated results in three or more of the following areas required: Product Development, Market Strategy, Market Research or Risk Management.
- Person in this role must have experience managing and developing health insurance plans and portfolios
- Experience with strategic and tactical planning and market/opportunity analysis within the healthcare or managed care industry required.
- MBA preferred.
- Highly motivated, accountable and self-directed: very organized, driving, flexible to manage a wide range of responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills: ability to package and deliver messaging, as well as interpret and traffic feedback effectively
- Clear understanding of strategic imperatives, ability to understand alignment and identify inter-connections across disciplines
- Foster strong positive relationships at all levels of the organization, maintaining an environment of mutual education and support
- Appropriate poise and polish to interact with executive leadership