- Leads or Supports service programs for assigned product line(s)
- Acts as a main point of contact for new services and ideas and actively solicits input from internal and external channels to make product support and improvement recommendations
- Responsible for the overall lifecycle of supported equipment including the introduction, production, post-production and end-of-support phases
- Supports and executes beta programs to meet the objectives defined by Product Management, Engineering and Executive Team
- Supports monthly product quality reviews to detect product and process trends. Defines key objectives/priorities to improve product performance. Reports issues, concerns and trends to QA, R&D and Operations
- Provides technical leadership in product problem solving
- Develops and manages spare part lists
- Communicates service-oriented product updates to internal and external channels
- Manages customer escalations regarding products; identifies root causes and plans and executes resolutions
- Interfaces regularly and effectively with Affiliates and all groups within the company (direct field service organization, IL service affiliates and service distributors)
- May be required to travel to customer sites to resolve complicated technical issues or to provide training to Affiliates or field personnel. This activity may require work or travel outside of the standard work schedule.
- Provides feedback and insights to R&D regarding new products, from concept to release, relative to diagnostics, service philosophy, documentation and serviceability
- Assists R&D, QA, Regulatory, Manufacturing Commercial Operations and Marketing as needed
- May oversee one or more Associate PLSMs or Product Line Support Specialists
- Coordinates with internal support departments including Marketing, QA, R&D, and Finance to develop and implement cross-departmental processes to maximize service efficiency and productivity while controlling operating costs.
- Uses analytics to assess business challenges and identify root causes to support worldwide Affiliates
- Leads and/or supports projects as assigned by WW Service Director or Sr. Product Line Support Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Werfen People Manager Competencies:
The following competencies form part of the competency model for People Manager at Werfen and form part of our mindset around People Management and Leadership. We expect all People Managers of Werfen not only to demonstrate, but also to constantly continue to develop, the following competencies:
- Building Talent: Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ knowledge, skills, and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job responsibilities more effectively.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities, crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving Innovation: Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external) ; encouraging experimentation with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials: Establishing and sustaining trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting own and others’ emotions and behavior; leveraging insights to effectively manage own responses so that one’s behavior matches one’s values and delivers intended results.
Minimum Knowledge & Experience preferred for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field required, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a product support/technical environment required.
- Experience with electro-mechanical equipment required.
- Experience analyzing and presenting complex data required
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Hemostasis/Critical Care instrumentation required
- Solid understanding of business systems, computer hardware and software (Microsoft, Linux, SAP, Client Server Interface, VPNs, LIS/HIS interfaces, TCP/IP protocols, ASTM/HL7 interfaces) highly desirable
- Experience working in a global business environment preferred
- Green or Black Belt Certification desired
- Language: Fluency in English required.