What makes this role exciting in this field, industry and/or compared to other companies?
Business Unit Culture
Safety is a top priority – Elliott Manufacturing recently hit 1000 days with no lost time
The Product Line Specialist serves as a vital member of the Product Development team reporting to the Product Line Manager. This role is requires a high energy, self-motivated individual with a strong drive for results. Your manager will provide guidance and set expectations while empowering you to use your analytical and technical skills to achieve high levels of performance.
Benefits & Conveniences
With over 250,000 square feet of manufacturing space, Elliott has the ability to deal with diversified projects, from the smallest to the largest. Elliott Manufacturing is a short hour’s drive to the beautiful Finger Lakes Region and is only 3 hours away from New York City. Binghamton is the principal city and cultural center of the Triple Cities area and is home to a quarter million people.
Day in the Life
- This is a customer facing role that requires an individual with great interpersonal skills as well as technical selling skills
- You will solicit Voice Of The Customer (VOC) and recommend modifications to existing products or requirements for new products that solves the customers problem
- A solid understanding of Main Parameters of Value (MPV) will help to set global pricing strategies for these new configurations and products
Objectives and Expected Accomplishments - How can this role make an impact?
- You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining profit margins throughout the product life cycle.
- You will work closely with marketing and the customer to ensure product promotions are ready in a timely fashion
- You will be responsible to train othersales reps and members of the distributionchannel on product uses, specifications, features and benefits
- You will be the liaison between the customer and NPD Engineering
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Skills & Experience
Required – Must Haves:
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical sales or other customer facing roles
- Demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with minimal level of supervision.
- Assertive with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Above average mechanical aptitude
- Possess a passion for customer satisfaction
- Creativity with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Exceptional sales skills
- Ability to visualize and drive product concepts to fruition
- Ability to turn VOC into product requirements and Marketing specs
Preferred – Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in NPD
- Knowledge of Rapid Prototyping methods
- Experience in product marketing
- Knowledge of SolidWorks or other 3D modeling software
Educational & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or multidiscipline technical field