Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
Work Location: Kinston, NC
- Fabricates detail parts and subassemblies from composite and bonded materials using conventional, numerical control, and special composite/bonding fabrication equipment.
- Performs related functions to provide complete composite/bonding fabrication details and subassemblies.
- Bachelor Degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership/management role
- At least 5 years’ experience in Aerospace
- At least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior management level experience reporting out to Senior Leadership on department production status
- Experience presenting to executive leadership
- Prior budgetary responsibility or review experience for associated department P&L
- Experience reviewing, delivering or monitoring production metrics
- Experience working with multiple cross functional groups (Quality, Assembly, Procurement, Supply Chain, Machining, etc.)
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using SAP
- Ability to work any shift, including alternative work weeks
- Experience working in a union environment with collective bargaining agreements
- Experience monitoring cost
- Experience managing projects
- Experience with strategic planning
- Experience working with new product introduction (NPI)
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.