At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
As the Product Line Program Manager in Embedded Business Unit, you will have end to end ownership of APU product line including silicon, platform, software, IP validation, benchmarks, documentation, etc. By managing both internal and external deliverables, you will work to ensure APU products are delivered on time. This role provides an excellent growth opportunity for high performing individuals looking to make a difference and deliver a stand-out experience to customers of AMD.
The ability to establish and drive to goals including plan of record, timelines, budget, scope, performance and quality will be critical to success. A passion for creating plans and working with a diverse team of creative engineers and senior executives is necessary for this critical and highly visible role.
The applicant must be a team player with a commitment to meeting deadlines and an aptitude to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Overall program leader for Embedded Engineering program development from concept to product delivery.
- Work across Engineering and Business teams to meet overall product objectives within agreed scope, cost and schedule.
- Leads the program core team that is composed of: technology, supply chain, platform, product, software, quality and business functions.
- Defining cross functional ownership, and managing membership and effective performance of the core team
- Owns driving core team to consensus on technical decisions that impact bounding box.
- Delivering on all program commitments from concept exit to production.
- Program level definition in concert with Business teams.
- Responsible for vetting or rejecting new business asks and sanctions scoping proposed or agreed upon changes by core team.
- Accountable to Embedded Engineering and Business leadership and reports regularly on status, decisions, issues, etc. during execution.
- Support senior management to drive execution excellence, tracking & reporting of key metrics
- Assist in developing and implementing project management best practices, tools, templates and metrics to drive continuous process improvement within engineering.
- Technical background in semiconductor industry with 5 years on hands on technical work and 5 years of program management experience.
- Ability to scope a program end to end.
- Ability to structure and execute complex analysis, draw insights, and communicate summary findings/recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to network, build relationships, and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Highly organized, able to prioritize, and juggle multiple work streams to tight deadlines
- Flexible working schedule to manage global (Asia and North America) program execution teams
- Understanding of Windows and Linux operating system and graphics technology
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Project 2016, Jenkins & Robot Frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written & oral communication skills
- BS or higher in Engineering (Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics & Communication) strongly preferred
- PMP certification is preferred, but not mandatory
Requisition Number: 70335