VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
Viavi Solutions is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Product Line Manager for its Cloud Native 5G assurance monitoring solutions portfolio. This role is responsible for setting the strategy, creating the roadmap, defining and prioritizing requirements for execution with Engineering, and bring to market world class Cloud Native 5G Assurance solutions and application suite.
This PLM position reports to the Visibility, Intelligence and Analytics (VIA) Director of Market PLM with the primary responsibility of ensuring portfolio and solutions differentiation and business growth through execution of an articulated strategy, roadmap, solution, platform and feature definitions.
There is a high level of collaboration and coordination required with other Viavi teams, such as Sales, Solution Consultants, Engineering, Marketing, Services, and Support, to ensure successful solution planning, solution execution and successful global commercialization. As a member of the VIA Product Line Management leadership team, the Senior Product Line Manager plays a key role in determining business strategies, roadmaps and prioritized execution plans to optimize results against current and future market opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and competitor landscape to strategically position the VIA business unit to increase revenue and market share as well as strengthen its competitive position in the industry.
- The development and articulation of a solution and portfolio specific strategy that supports the business unit’s market segment objectives and company’s growth plans.
- Own and drive the solution and portfolio’s roadmap in support of the strategy.
- Create and maintain platform and specific solution requirements definitions that lead to sustainable differentiation working closely with the Engineering team and relevant scrum teams.
- Own solution specific content to support the marketing team in taking solutions to market.
- New solutions and new capabilities training and training material for sales, solutions consultants, support and services teams.
- Provide leadership and direction to the cross functional team to enable world class execution and achievement of ambitious growth objectives.
- Build and grow strong customer relationships from engineering to executive levels with the existing customer base and new target customers through direct engagements with the sales team, industry events, consortiums and standards bodies.
- Support proposal activities to sustain installed base and win new carriers in current and new application areas.
- Conduct pricing research and create pricing strategies in support of business objectives.
- Periodic competitive research and analysis.
- Own solution and portfolio specific financial performance for products in the market in accordance with the business plan.
- Track record of successful customer engagement, planning and executing new solutions
- Success in developing and introducing large complex software-based systems
- Financial performance of new product introductions and owned solutions
- Demonstrated ability to drive business growth in owned solutions and portfolio
- Ability to build cross functional alignment and ensure high quality, high velocity execution to serve existing and prospective customers
- Effective communicator
- Agile; readily adapts to rapidly changing market drivers and solution
Viavi PLM Characteristics:
A successful Senior PLM candidate is bright, innovative, strategically-focused and entrepreneurial minded person, who is able to motivate with a vision for success and a dedication to world class execution and customer satisfaction. To this end, the successful candidate will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Strong leadership skills and relentless drive to foster value creation.
- Ability to develop a clear and compelling vision and strategy.
- Thinks strategically and acts tactically.
- Voice of the customer focused, always.
- A respected industry expert in the domain (technology) and solution portfolio.
- Always thinking about how to sustainably differentiate in market segments worth winning.
- Adept at interacting with, and influencing, a broad range of stakeholders including customers, partners, managers, R&D, Services, Support, Sales, SCs and fellow PLM colleagues.
- Self-starter and self motivated
- Sense of urgency with a bias for action.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must possess telecom/networking/wireless/wireline/software/IP knowledge, leadership skills, product line management, business development, marketing and strategic planning capabilities with broad and deep global experience, customer knowledge; technical insight, exceptional project planning, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of related industry experience in the field of cloud and telecom engineering and pre-sales engineering roles.
- Industry recognized expert in the domains of Cloud Nativity and Protocol expertise(2G/3G/4G/5G) in the wireless telecom market
- Expert user of 2G to 5G Cloud native performance, optimization and geolocation solutions
- Knowledge of end to end telecom networks (RAN and Core), NFV, devices, SaaS, and cloud related domains are required.
- Experience deploying solutions on AWS, Google Cloud and Azure is desired.
- Experience with building cloud native solutions as well as with Orchestration tools is desired
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required.
- Proven track record in winning new business and achieving objectives within large scale, complex software systems, resulting in the sustained delivery of organic growth in a global business environment.
- A natural communicator and influencer, using such strengths in often difficult and complex situations; especially competent at clearly setting expectations and delivering on them.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the work.
- Experience in setting goals, aligning teams, managing expectations, and driving the team to ultimately deliver to set business results expectations.
- Analytical skills in support of market analysis, business planning, customer/ competitor analysis and ROI models.
- Hands on knowledge of solutions development and successful global solutions commercialization with top tier companies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and deep experience with domestic and international business environments highly desired.
- Fluency in English and foreign language are required.
- Ability to create ROI / TCO models and white papers for telecom carriers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, CRM, ERP, JIRA and other business computer applications.
- Candidate must be able to travel up to 50% to domestic and international locations for customer meetings, sales engagement, training and internal meetings/workshops.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply to join our team today.