In this role you will be a member of the PMM team responsible for supporting the Horizon and Workspace ONE GTM. You will have the opportunity to define the strategy for how we communicate to customers about our strategy around competitive customer acquisition around Horizon and Workspace ONE. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, partners and key influencers, while creating compelling content to help the market understand why VMware is essential to the next generation of end user computing. You'll develop the core use cases that will motivate a market to adopt our offerings, partnering with a broad team to drive successful launches and content programs.
This role is responsible for building a compelling value proposition, while consistently driving a bold and differentiated message as this portfolio rapidly expands. As part of a team, you will ultimately be measured on building market leadership, competitive differentiation and adoption for Horizon and Workspace ONE. This role will play an essential role in executing on a major phase of VMware's strategy for the enterprise.
This position provides hands-on opportunities to help shape marketing directions and drive execution of global marketing programs. This includes partnering across a broad range of teams, including thought leadership, executive communications, social media and corporate communications. The optimal individual will have strong technical and product expertise to help execute individually and in partnership with multiple teams.
This individual will also have an ongoing customer-facing role, including regular customer briefings and direct field support.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop high-impact go-to-market strategies based on competitive customer acquisition in partnership with sales teams
- Develop and communicate the value proposition of our platform and solutions to the sales team and develop enablement tools that support sales execution
- Ensure content (e.g. case studies, sales enablement materials, product videos, web copy, competitive differentiation, white papers) communicates the unique capabilities of our platform
- Own sales enablement and assist members of the sales team with calls to our partners and their customers when appropriate
- Market intelligence – be the authority on buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria. Conduct partner / market surveys and interviews to build expertise in the market, customers and competitive landscape
- Speak and present both externally and internally to promote our partners' stories, our platform and our solutions
- Work closely with PSO, technical marketing our competitive marketing teams and sales to support an end-to-end programmatic approach.
- 5+ years in enterprise software product marketing for high-tech companies that target IT organizations
- Thorough understanding of product marketing and all of the aspects of pulling together a successful go-to-market plan
- Bachelors in business, engineering or computer science (MBA a plus) – or related industry experience
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, i.e. ability to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries, and deliver actionable business insights
- Strong project & organization skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence critical stakeholders and to communicate the group's vision and accomplishments
- Consistent record of speaking in front of large internal, external and global audiences
- Demonstrated experience in running competitive programs
- Familiarity with VMware, Citrix and Microsoft end user computing products
- Willing to travel up to 25%