Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead overall product strategy, research and development requirements and development for new products.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Build product awareness across the organization.
- Develop and manage product portfolios including product rationalization, and product line profitability.
- Develop and manages multi-generational product plans.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a prioritized list of product requirement needs.
- Coordinate and develop marketing and financial plans for product line.
- Provide and maintain financial and technical justification for product development projects.
- Produce competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identify acquisition targets to add complimentary products to broaden company’s product line.
- Participate in key sales situations for the product.
- Maintain communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Lead development of sales tools and product training materials and conducts commercial product training with sales and marketing teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management, marketing, or other related field required.
- Minimum of three years related sales and/or marketing experience and/or training.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong business acumen and the ability to effectively present the organization and its products and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and demonstrated effectiveness working with others in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer service, action-orientation required.
- Able to adapt effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment essential.
- Proficient in the following MS Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Excel modelling preferred.