As a Product Line Manager, you are a senior member of the Product team and in charge of the product definition, roadmap, and direction of Tanzu products and open source tools. You will work cross-functionally between engineering, open source community, CNCF, and the Kubernetes community to create an innovative solution that builds on top of a healthy ecosystem of OSS tools.
- You will oversee Product Management aspects for the Tanzu runtime team. This includes defining the product definition, maintaining a 6-month and yearly roadmaps, prioritizing features, and engaging with customers and partners.
- You will work closely with the Tanzu engineering team, providing input on and formal review of product functional specifications prior to development.
- You will work cross-group to business align our open source investments with the needs of the Tanzu portfolio of products.
- You will work cross-functionally between the engineering, open source community, CNCF, and the Kubernetes community to ensure our OSS tools are executing on their vision, create a healthy ecosystem for our OSS tools to thrive and increase the adoption by users.
- You will work cross-functionally between the engineering and marketing teams to create technical content and solutions for Tanzu and OSS projects, targeted to users, customers, sales engineers, and partners.
- You will partner with users, customers, and account teams to facilitate successful customer proof of concept deployments.
- You will research and test competitor and partner products with the objective of providing input to the product management team during the creation and review of product and solutions requirement documents (PRD & SRD).
- You will present technical presentations to customers, partners, and the field, and also gather feedback to influence product and solution offerings.
- You will work closely with sales to identify and build the most appropriate sales enablement tools, such as technical presentations, demo labs, competitive labs, solutions briefs, and tutorials.
- You will be responsible for developing technical best practices including architectural designs, test plans, and integration guides for products, solutions, and reference architectures.
- You will be the technical lead at conferences and customer/partner webinars.
- You will also work closely with VMware technology partners on product integrations, best practices, and solutions.
- You will be expected to establish yourself as the Subject Matter Expert in Tanzu and Kubernetes.
- Experience in cloud native, CNCF, or Kubernetes-related technologies
- Experience in working with Open Source technologies and Container frameworks
- 5+ years of experience as a systems engineer, product manager, technical product marketing, technical marketing or experience working in a customer environment as an architect or senior practitioner
- Experience working with and understanding the needs of enterprise IT executives, CIOs, system administrators and cloud infrastructure providers
- Good technical skills and comfortable in front of internal solutions architects, customers, and partners
- Hands-on development experience with distributed application concepts and sysadmin/devops tools
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and tools
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to build detailed, technical collateral from scratch
- Track record of developing & delivering formal and informal training material and technical presentations aimed at educating customers, partners, or sales teams
- Startup experience desired. Self-starter with the ability to work across all functions of the company. Ability to get things done; must be resourceful, proactive, and aggressive
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion and drive to succeed
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of time