Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Primos Business Unit is seeking an innovative Product Line Manager with Electrical Expertise to add to our team. This position will help manage new product development for Primos Hunting, Gold Tip Arrows, Bushnell Trail Cameras plus many others.
As a Product Line Manager for Primos, you will be the key person for Hunting/Archery products reporting to the Sr. Product Line Manager. You will define implement and ensure proper launch of new products in the Hunting/Archery industry. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- Lead the development of the product strategy and concepts for key products against a specific market/business segment.
- Create a recommended road map for the category identifying user needs and new types of products along the way through thoughtful consumer insights and understanding of emerging trends.
- Understand consumer needs, identify market opportunity, define the product, and test against expectations.
- Functions as a central resource within the organization as the product(s) move through their lifecycle, directing strategies for all lifecycle phases including EOL and replacement of products in the portfolio.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, technical constraints and business drivers.
- Possesses a solid understanding of the market, competition and customer requirements to define product portfolio strategies, identifying opportunities to innovate, enhance current products, and expand share and grow revenues.
- Manages the creation of product development documents as a vehicle to communicate requirements to cross functional teams like engineering, sales, and operations both domestically and internationally.
- Ensures that products meet strategic objectives and profitability goals.
- Ensures voice of the customer feedback (end users and key channel partners) is integrated into business and portfolio strategies and product development plans.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience; Hunting industry experience a big plus
- Passion and knowledge for Hunting/Archery
- Concrete experience managing complex products which have multiple points of contact during development
- High attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to execute methodically and think strategically
- Strong team-orientation
- Superior presentation and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead high functioning cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Proactive, solutions-orientation with a history of solving unique, complex problems that have a broad, inter-connected impact on the business
- Interest with technology in sporting goods and outdoor products
- Experience using a PC
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze and interpret P.O.S. data, sales reports, etc.
- Ability to define problems/opportunities, collect data, establish facts and make valid conclusions/recommendations
- Able to travel for sales presentations, marketing events, trade shows, etc.; travel is domestic, with rare international travelrequired.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled